[net.movies.sw] oops

willson.uci%Rand-Relay@sri-unix.UUCP (06/24/83)

From:  Stephen Willson <willson.uci@Rand-Relay>

------- Forwarded Message

Date: 23 Jun 1983 10:55:54-EDT
From: csin!cjh@CCA-UNIX
Subject: re Jedi is garbage
To: willson.uci@rand-relay
Cc: sf-lovers@rutgers
Via:  Rand-Relay; 23 Jun 83 18:04-PST

   Your other hope is SPEILBERG?!?!? The man has no story sense \\and// none
of the feeling for when an effect will work that Lucas has (can you name any
scene in any of Speilberg's work that carries the immediate impact of the
opening shot in SW IV? (Don't talk to me about "Closet Cases of the Nerd Kind";
the mother ship is just an oversized and unbelievable Xmas tree ornament which
we never see in a way that gives it scale.)

------- End of Forwarded Message
When I sent my message to sf-lovers, I sent it to "sf-lovers" instead of
"uci-sf-lovers".  Oops.  So this guy, whereever he is, replied.  I guess
this means that sf-lovers is alive out there and we're just not getting
it.