[net.movies.sw] Leia's Father

ee163ht@sdccsu3.UUCP (06/07/83)

There's been talk of late about why Darth Vader did not know of the existence
of Leia.  (I do not recall whether or not she and Luke were supposed to be
twins).  But otherwise I do not recall necessarily anyone saying that Luke
and Leia had the same father.  Is it not possible that after Luke was born,
he was given to Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru and his mother went somewhere else
(Alderaan perhaps)?  Leia, in theory, might still be called a Skywalker,
since they shared the same mother.

Does this sound possible, or is there evidence disproving it?

Allyn Fratkin
UC San Diego

oz@rlgvax.UUCP (06/16/83)

Sorry, but if I remember correctly the hologram Kenobe said "your twin
sister."  Biology is not my strong point, but I think if you have a twin
the odds are in your favor that you AND your twin had the same father.

Of course, if I don't remember correctly I have, yet again, made a fool
of myself, but HEY, that's what marketing people are all about.

				OZ
				seismo!rlgvax!oz

lat@wbux5.UUCP (06/16/83)

In the movie, it is revealed that Luke has a TWIN sister.
Darth new he had a kid, but had no idea that there were
twins.  Thus his ignorance of Leia being his daughter.
(please correct me if I am wrong).
				Laurie
				[mhuxt, harpo, houxz]!wbux5!lat

starner@psuvax.UUCP (06/18/83)

	In the novel Ben stated that Ben took Luke to Uncle
	Owen and Luke and Leia's mother took Leia to Alderaan.
	Unknown to Luke at the time the People he called his
	Aunt and Uncle were actually Ben Kenobi's brother
	and brothers wife.
	When Lukes father went off to fight in the Wars
	and became the person we knew as Darth Vader, Ben took
	Vaders wife and the children and his them from Vader
	and the emporor so that Vader could not destroy them.
	This was well explained in the novel, but was only
	hinted at in the movie, and you had to be paying very
	close attention to pick it up.
	I recommend the novelization to all who saw the movie.
	It is well written and gives more complete description
	to many of the scenes such as this one.

					Hope this wasn't the last,
					Mark Starner
					Penn State University
					{allegra,burdvax}!psuvax!starner

	many of the k

Nessus%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC@sri-unix.UUCP (06/29/83)

From:  Nessus at MIT-EECS at MIT-MC (Doug Alan)

     Date: 15 Jun 83 23:14:06-PDT (Wed)
     From: harpo!seismo!rlgvax!oz @ Ucb-Vax
     Subject: Re: Leia's Father

     	 Sorry, but if I remember correctly the hologram Kenobi
     said "your twin sister."  Biology is not my strong point, but I
     think if you have a twin the odds are in your favor that you AND
     your twin had the same father.

I'm not saying that it isn't obvious that Vader is Leia's father, and
the odds are certainly in favor that twins have the same father, but
it IS possible for fraternal twins to have different fathers and it
has happened.

				-Doug Alan
-------