[net.movies.sw] Darth Vader's turn around

RTaylor.5581i27TK%RADC-MULTICS@sri-unix.UUCP (03/07/84)

From:      Roz    <RTaylor.5581i27TK @ RADC-MULTICS>

    Date: Tue, 6 Mar 84 11:52:32 EST
    From: Vicki Kanrek <vkanrek@BBN-UNIX>
    Subject: Re: Re: It *is NOT* ENDOR

    [Info about the ENDOR MOON, omitted]

    For those who have NOT read the book, how surprising was it REALLY
    to see Darth's turnaround to the 'good' side at the end of the
    movie?  The book gives a decent (albeit long-winded) background and
    lead-up to it, but the movie just (comparatively) jumped into it.
    I'm wondering what the non-pre-read audience reaction was?

    VJK [vjk@bbn-unix]

I did not "pre-read" the book before seeing ROTJ.  Since I have always
liked happy endings, I was rooting for the switch...therefore, when it
happened I was not surprised--just very very glad!

                                  Roz