[net.movies.sw] Edited Star Wars & book comment

djb@gatech.UUCP (David J. Buechner) (03/21/84)

Subject: Edited Starwars & book comment
Newsgroups: net.sw

Your memory is still intact (you haven't lost your sanity).  The scenes which
you were missing were in the novel not in the movie.  As for the title "A New
Hope" - my understanding is that that was added when George Lucas decided that
Star Wars was a large enough success to go ahead with his original plan - a
trilogy of trilogies.  Star Wars happens to be the first of the middle trilogy.
(I wish I could remember were I heard/read/hallucinated all this....seems I
have the impression that the source was reliable.)

As for reading the books - I have found that I enjoy both the book and the
movie much more if I see the movie a couple of times, read the book, and then
go for the record numbers of sittings in a theater.  The books bring out some
personal background for certain situations which are not apparent in the film
(Darth Vader's return to 'good' for example).

(Anybody else think AT&T's new logo looks like the Death Star?????)

David 'have you been under the raised floor today?' Buechner
UUCP : ...!{akgua,allegra,emory,rlgvax,sb1,ut-ngp,ut-sally}!gatech!djb
ARPA : djb.gatech@CSNet-Relay                   CSNET : djb@gatech

Federal snail : Ga. Tech P.O. Box 33336, Atlanta, Georgia 30332
Newsgroups: net.movies.sw