[net.movies.sw] Will there be another?

jimc@haddock.UUCP (01/23/85)

Is this newsgroup about Star Wars?  If so, I have a question:

	Has any fimmaker volunteered or been assigned to do another
	Star Wars movie?

					Jim Campbell
					INTERACTIVE Systems Corporation
					Boston

vljohnson@watrose.UUCP (Lee Johnson) (01/24/85)

[zap!]

I seem to remember an article which appeared on the net last summer...
Something about Linda Ronstadt inspiring George Lucas to want to do
another one.  Steven Spielberg's name was also mentioned.  I haven't
heard anything about it since.  Anyone know something out there?

Regards,
Lee

[...............]

>	Has any fimmaker volunteered or been assigned to do another
>	Star Wars movie?
>					Jim Campbell

I heard that Stephen Spiegelberg is going to do one  (yawn).

reiher@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/27/85)

Last I heard, George Lucas had no definite plans to make another Star Wars
movie, and his statements made it sound like he had decided to drop the rest
of them.  For some time, he has had no intention of being closely involved
with the other two trilogies.  However, they certainly can't be made without
some minimal cooperation from Lucas, so I don't think they ever will be made.
If this is the general impression, then perhaps this news group should  be
discontinued.
--

        			Peter Reiher
        			reiher@ucla-cs.arpa

rick@ucla-cs.UUCP (01/27/85)

In article <3461@ucla-cs.ARPA> reiher@ucla-cs.UUCP (Peter Reiher) writes:
>Last I heard, George Lucas had no definite plans to make another Star Wars
>movie, and his statements made it sound like he had decided to drop the rest
>of them.

As I recall Lucas planned to take time off after RotJ to spend time with
his family since the Star Wars movies had taken so much of his time. Then
about 2 weeks later he announced that he was separating from his wife. I
guess you just can't come in and say "I'm home dear!".

--

			       Rick Gillespie
				  rick@ucla-cs

	"She turned me into a newt! . . . I got better."