kurt@fluke.UUCP (11/21/83)

Date:Mon, 21-Nov-83 11:59:55 EST
Organization:John Fluke Mfg. Co., Everett, Wash

Forget Commodore's alleged publications; they have (almost) never been
published as far as I know.  Compute! and Compute's Commodore Gazette are ok
for news but the 'games' they publish are so weak you could easily think
them up yourself.  I am also sick to death of seeing any more 'added BASIC
commands' that use the CHRGET key scanner routine and prefix special
commands with some stupid character like '['.

There is still NO really good magazine for C64 users, but I'd recommend
Compute! for general newsieness.
--
Kurt Guntheroth
John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.

porter@inuxd.UUCP (11/21/83)

1. The Midnite/PAPER - chuck full of good reviews, minimal ads.
2. COMPUTE! - getting as bad as Byte lately, but still good.
3. COMPUTE'S Gazette - a bit elementary, but still good.

That's MY list, in that order.

Jeff Porter  (inuxd!porter)
AT&T Consumer Products
Indianapolis