[net.micro.cbm] Video pin connections

root@decwrl.UUCP (01/13/84)

From: vogon::goodenough  (Jeff Goodenough, Basingstoke UK)

Newsgroup : net.micro.cbm
>From : VOGON::GOODENOUGH

I have been reading all the recent correspondence about the 8-pin vs.
5-pin video socket on the back of the Commodore 64.  So I looked at
the back of mine and lo! I have an 8-pin socket.  I then looked again
at both the User's Guide and the Programmer's Reference Guide, and
both showed 5-pin sockets.

So can anyone over there tell me what the connections are, and why you
8-pinners are getting a better picture?  My C64 is, of course, a PAL
version (as opposed to NTSC), as I live in the 53rd state. (Or is it
the 54th by now?)

Jeff.

P.S. I don't have a monitor, so the question is largely academic.

	(UUCP)  {decvax, ucbvax, allegra}!decwrl!rhea!vogon!goodenough

	(ARPA)  decwrl!rhea!vogon!goodenough@Berkeley
	        decwrl!rhea!vogon!goodenough@SU-Shasta