[net.micro.cbm] id AA00728; Tue, 21 Feb 84 06:26:46 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/21/84)

Date: Tuesday, 21 Feb 1984 06:24:16-PST
From: pogo::lawrence
To: net.micro.cbm, pogo::lawrence
Subject: Info on c64 disk drive controller.

Can anyone out there help me?  I have two disk drives from an old system
I'd love to interface to my C64.  Does anyone have schematice of the c64
drive controller and a listing of the prom software used to operate it?
I want to see if it is possible to interface to my "industry standard"
drives.  I realize this might be an impossible request, given Commodore's
tight lipped secrecy concerning their drive, (at least that's what the
dealer says), but any help would be appreciated.  Thanx in advance.
Either post answers on net or send to:

		Jim Lawrence
		DEC, ADVANCED MEDIA DEVELOPMENT
		4755 Forge Road