[net.micro.cbm] id AA06451; Sun, 19 Feb 84 11:08:09 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/19/84)

Date: Sunday, 19 Feb 1984 11:12:48-PST
From: eden::p_macdonald
To: net.micro.cbm
Subject: Spelling

There is no such word as KERNAL folks. Its KERNEL, with an "e."

And, just like the definition in Webster's (a central or essential
part), a kernel is the core of the operating system.

A kernel is also a seed (popcorn) which happens to be the "core" or
"central" part of the fruit (I know, popcorn's not a fruit).

What really bugs me is seeing magazine editors misspell it!

porter@inuxd.UUCP (J Porter) (02/24/84)

Would someone please explain why some articles from
some locations don't have an intelligible subject line
in the header?  This article should have a bizzare
title to it, since I am posting a followup article to
an article with some idAXXXXXX, Feb 19, 1984 EST ....
or something like that.  What's the scoop?

Jeff Porter  (inuxd!porter)
AT&T Consumer Products
Indianapolis