[net.micro.cbm] b128

westerm@pur-ee.UUCP (Westerman) (12/12/84)

I came across this ad from Protecto (spelling?) that offered a
   B128 computer
   two disk drives
   printer
   monitor
for $900. Has nayone out there bought this package? Is it any good.
Is the B128 any good? Thanks for any help.

Rick Westerman
  Purdue University

{biggies}!pur-ee!westerm

engle@loral.UUCP (Jack Engle) (12/14/84)

> I came across this ad from Protecto (spelling?) that offered a
>    B128 computer
>    two disk drives
>    printer
>    monitor
> for $900. Has nayone out there bought this package? Is it any good.
> Is the B128 any good? Thanks for any help.
>
> Rick Westerman
>   Purdue University
>
> {biggies}!pur-ee!westerm

percus@acf4.UUCP (12/20/84)

I would not believe for one moment that Protecto has the B128.
So far, not one of these "too good to be true" ads from Protecto
Enterprizes has been true.  (What boggles my mind is their ability
to buy so many pages of ads in Compute!  No, on second thought,
it's not strange at all -- from the number of people they have
cheated, they must be rich like hell by now).

DON'T FALL INTO THE TRAP YOURSELF!!!
                                          Allon Percus
                                          ...!ihnp4!cmcl2!acf4!percus

bllklly@uwmacc.UUCP (Bill Kelly) (01/10/85)

In article <12900012@acf4.UUCP> percus@acf4.UUCP writes:
>I would not believe for one moment that Protecto has the B128.
>So far, not one of these "too good to be true" ads from Protecto
>Enterprizes has been true.
	I'm not questioning your own bad experiences with Protecto,
	but our local Commodore user's group did buy the package from
	Protecto, and did get the B128 (which they're selling off--the
	point of buying it was to get the good price on all the too-
	good-to-be-true peripherals.  I've only dealt with Protecto once
	myself, but I got a good price, helpful advice on the phone, and
	fast delivery.
--

Bill Kelly
{allegra, ihnp4, seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!bllklly

" 'Oh, look, what is this creature down in the hole?'
  'Well, my daughter, this strange being was once abundant on this earth.
   They used to roam in great herds, and many made important decisions.
   But now they are virtually extinct.
   Some say they were called Man.' "