[net.micro.cbm] wanted: VIC-20 advice

brent@ucsbcsl.UUCP ( ) (03/04/85)

A friend of mine -- an avid tinkerer -- just added a VIC-20 to
his collection of, uh, well, "resources".  He knows nothing
about computers, but has built electronic projects before.
He would eventually like to have the VIC-20 monitor room temperatures
and turn things like lights, fans, etc... on and off.

Does anyone have any pointers to books or magazines I could give him?

THANKS,

...ucbvax!ucsbcsl!brent
brent%ucsb.csnet

geoffs@brl-tgr.ARPA (Geoffrey Sauerborn ) (03/08/85)

In article <241@ucsbcsl.UUCP> brent@ucsbcsl.UUCP ( ) writes:
>He would eventually like to have the VIC-20 monitor room temperatures
>and turn things like lights, fans, etc... on and off.
>
>Does anyone have any pointers to books or magazines I could give him?

	"The VIC-20 Connection" or (VIC Connection?) is a very good book
for this sort of thing. The book goes into detail (software and hardware)
on a couple "how to" projects. It even shows how you can turn your vic
into a computerized burglar alarm system.
	Sorry but I can't remember the author or publisher. I found a copy
in the public library and have seen it in finer book stores and computer
oriented stores.
						Geoff S.