[net.micro.cbm] Amiga Problems?

kevin@voder.UUCP (The Last Bugfighter) (03/22/85)

Subject: Amiga Problems?
Newsgroups: net.micro.cbm

   The following is an article from the 3/19 issue of the San Jose
Mercury News:

COMMODORE DENIES IT HAS PROBLEMS WITH AMIGA

   Commodore International late yesterday rebutted a report that its
recent acqusition, Amiga Corp. of Santa Clara, wasn't meeting pro-
duction deadlines because Amiga managers were unhappy over Commodore's
declining stock price.
   Commodore bought Amiga because the start-up's color graphics per-
sonal computer offers the West Chester, Pa., giant a way to reverse
slipping sales.
   Clive Smith, Commodores vice-president of corrporate planning and
development, said there has been no production slowdown and that the
Amiga machine is on schedule forr its summer introduction.
   Bob Pariseau, Amiga's vice-president of software, last night
declined comment.
   Commodore's stock has fallen frrom $25 a share when Amiga was bought
last year to $11 a share Monday.  The deal between Amiga and Commodore
was for an undisclosed amount of cash and stock.
   Some industry analysts have cautioned that Commodore will post losses,
on lower revenues, for the third quarter ended March 31.
   Pariseau declined comment on rumors that Amiga's president David Morris
is considering leaving the company.  Moris couldn't be reached for
comment.

---
Kevin Thompson   {ucbvax,ihnp4!nsc}!voder!kevin

"It's sort of a threat, you see.  I've never been very good at them
  myself but I'm told they can be very effective."

doug@terak.UUCP (Doug Pardee) (03/26/85)

>    Commodore International late yesterday rebutted a report that its
> recent acqusition, Amiga Corp. of Santa Clara, wasn't meeting pro-
> duction deadlines because Amiga managers were unhappy over Commodore's
> declining stock price.

One-question quiz -- no penalty for wrong answers:
  1.  Does the above sentence mean...
    a)  Unhappiness over the declining stock price forced Commodore
        to issue the rebuttal;
    b)  Everything is going fine with the Amiga, rumors to the contrary
        are false; or
    c)  The reason that Amiga is not meeting production deadlines is
        unrelated to management unhappiness over declining stock prices.
--
Doug Pardee -- Terak Corp. -- !{hao,ihnp4,decvax}!noao!terak!doug