[net.micro.cbm] MSD SURE COPY is a Great Program!

paulw@amd.UUCP (Paul Woods) (04/27/85)

I recently purcase the MSD SURE COPY in order to make working copies
and backup copies of all of my disk software.  I was always afraid
that sooner or later I would wipe out one of my > $50.00 software
diskette and then be stuck.  Well after searching the market locally
and via the ads in the magazines, found the MSD SURE COPY.  It works
with all of the different companies software protection that I
currently have and they claim it will copy anything.  Well I can
only say that it works great for me and for anyone out there who
would like to find a copy program for the MSD, try this one.
(The company also has a copy program for the 1541.)

Sorry, I forgot the company's name but I'll post it later.  For
those who need to know now, see any of the last three RUN magazines
for a two page add by this company.  If I remember correctly, their
out of Washington, the state not the district.  The price is $39.95
plus $2.50 for shipping.  The package took 4 working days to reach
my house in California.  (This included the day that I called to the
day I found the package in my mailbox.)  The program comes on a 5
1/4 inch floppy along with a doggle (sp?).  I quickly tried it out by
having it copy one of my game diskettes that I had yet to be able to
copy by any other means.  Withing about a minute, if that, the disk was
copied and ready to be tried.  It worked!  I then tried several
other programmed disks and I was able to make backup copies of all
of them.

Can one copy the MSD SURE COPY? You bet but without the doggle you
can not operate the program.  However, for those like I who have to
know how and why those doggles work, one can easily make a backup
doggle too.  (Be  warned though, in order for me to check to see how
they made the doggle, I had to pry open the top jack.  This resulted in
the disconnection of the internal part from the jack.)  Upon a close
examination I discovered how the doggle works.  It is not a very
clever protection method but it does keep the average person form
stealing their software.

So if you hate not having a backup and you don't want to pay $5.00
or more per backup copy, then go purchase this program for I,m sold
on it.

I'll post the features and a performance review later on after I
test the program out a little more.

paulw (aps. eng.)

dillon@ucbvax.ARPA (Matt Dillon) (05/20/85)

In article <1245@amd.UUCP> paulw@amd.UUCP (Paul Woods) writes:

>I recently purcase the MSD SURE COPY in order to make working copies
>Sorry, I forgot the company's name but I'll post it later.  For

    I know the name of the company because I am currently involved in sueing
them!!!  MSD Shure copy is only ONE of the may programs megasloth limited
has ripped off from Software Authors. The actuall author of Shure Copy (Mike
J. Henry) has NEVER BEEN PAID or even NOTIFIED by megasoft that they are
selling (ah... stealing) his software.

Other megasloth products that are ripped off include 1541 Super ROM.decompiler,
slikload,APOLLO,Gemini,Top Secret Stuff I and II,Turbo-64 and MSD shure.

!!!These people are so dishonest it makes ME SICK!!! Two of my very own
programs are being 'sold' by these idiots!!!

			 -Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!-