[net.micro.cbm] C-64 software wanted

ix553@sdcc6.UUCP (ix553) (07/25/85)

I am looking for the following:

		a macro assembler
		terminal emulator/modem type program

I will send a disk and pay for any coping (xerox) charges
for manuals if required.

Thanks,
Walt Quitt

(619) 458-2661 or 582-9606

.....sdcsvax!sdcc3!sdcc6!ix553     <- I think (hope?)

Ain't 6502s fun?

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (07/27/85)

In article <2158@sdcc6.UUCP> ix553@sdcc6.UUCP (ix553) writes:
>I am looking for the following:
>
>		a macro assembler
>		terminal emulator/modem type program
>
>I will send a disk and pay for any coping (xerox) charges
>for manuals if required.
>
>Thanks,
>Walt Quitt
>
>(619) 458-2661 or 582-9606

Well, you can pick up a pd terminal program, but all the macro assemblers
I know (including my own) are commerical products, and it would be theft
to take them.  Most products for the 64 cost only $50, and I think you
can afford one.

Public domain programs usually don't require the xeroxing(TM) of manuals.
Let's keep this sort of message off the net!
--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473

adam@utcs.UUCP (Adam R. Iles) (07/30/85)

In article <312@looking.UUCP> brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) writes:
>In article <2158@sdcc6.UUCP> ix553@sdcc6.UUCP (ix553) writes:
>>I am looking for the following:
>>
>>		a macro assembler
>>		terminal emulator/modem type program
>>
>>I will send a disk and pay for any coping (xerox) charges
>>for manuals if required.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Walt Quitt
>>
>>(619) 458-2661 or 582-9606
>>
>Well, you can pick up a pd terminal program, but all the macro assemblers
>I know (including my own) are commerical products, and it would be theft
>to take them.  Most products for the 64 cost only $50, and I think you
>can afford one.
>
>Public domain programs usually don't require the xeroxing(TM) of manuals.
>Let's keep this sort of message off the net!
>--
>Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd. - Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473

    I was wondering did he write a new version of PAL(tm), or is there
an entierly new assembler that he wrote?  I bought his assembler
back in 'the bad old days' when it was $99,  but still found it to
be a very good package (except it didn't support macro assemblies).

     By the way, Kermit 1.6 is out, and seems to work at 1200 baud, there is
also some decent documentation for it (aprox 20 pages), however I have heard
of some problems that other people have had using it at 1200 baud.  Once I
can get the time to work with it a bit more I'll post a reveiw to the net.
--

	If God had meant for 64's to communicate he would have given
	them communications chips, 80 columns, faster clockspeeds, ...

        Any opinions stated above may, or may not, refect those
        of any sane person living, dead, or just sleeping.

       Adam R. Iles:
                ...{decvax,ihnp4,utcsri,{allegra,linus}!utzoo}!utcs!adam