[net.micro.cbm] Amiga Details Questions

john@anasazi.UUCP (John Moore) (09/08/85)

In article <974@druxo.UUCP> knf@druxo.UUCP (FricklasK) writes:
>It blows AWAY anything so far available!  You can digitize the output of your
>stereo! And Electronic Arts is coming out with come great software for it!!

Does it require an extra peripheral for the digitization or is the digitizer
on-board. The glossies I got were vague, and the salesman thought (with little
info himself) that the digitizer was an extra goodie to be purchased.

>"Hold and modify" mode to display all 4096 colors at once.

How does Hold and Modify really work? Is it a form of delta mode?

I notice that each expansion widget you add must be in a separate box
and plug into the side. That would seem to raise the prices of add-ons
when compared to card rack machines such as the PC/AT. Does anyone know
if a card cage "expansion box" is planned?

--
John Moore (NJ7E)
{decvax|ihnp4|hao}!noao!terak!anasazi!john

knf@druxo.UUCP (FricklasK) (09/11/85)

>>It blows AWAY anything so far available!  You can digitize the output of your
>>stereo! And Electronic Arts is coming out with come great software for it!!
>Does it require an extra peripheral for the digitization or is the digitizer
>on-board. The glossies I got were vague, and the salesman thought (with little
>info himself) that the digitizer was an extra goodie to be purchased.
Yes, the digitizer will cost about $200 additional.

>>"Hold and modify" mode to display all 4096 colors at once.
>How does Hold and Modify really work? Is it a form of delta mode?
Yes. You pick a color from the pallette of 32 available, then give
it another byte that indicates that the next eight bits are a modification
of the last and will be selected from the range "surrounding" (actually
after) that one.

>I notice that each expansion widget you add must be in a separate box
>and plug into the side. That would seem to raise the prices of add-ons
>when compared to card rack machines such as the PC/AT. Does anyone know
>if a card cage "expansion box" is planned?
Tandon will be coming out with a box capable of holding 2MB memory, and
including a 20MB hard disk and a couple additional ports, it should sell
for about $1000.

   '`'`'
    Ken
   '`'``'