[net.micro.cbm] Abacus

Merlyn@cisden.UUCP (Merlyn) (09/19/85)

In article <1198@hpda.UUCP> jrg@hpda.UUCP (Jeff Glasson) writes:
>I have just recieved the new Gazette.  It contains an article on C.
>There is a sample bubble sort program written in BASIC and C with
>execution times listed.  They quote 2 minutes for the program running
>under BASIC and 1:35 compiled with Abacus Super-C.
>
>Just for fun, I typed in the program and compiled it with my Pro-line
>C Power compiler and the program executed in under 10 seconds!
>
>I've heard bad things about Abacus C, but I didn't realize it generated such
>poor code!!!
>
>Jeff Glasson
I have Abacus Tiny Forth for the 64.  I won't ever buy another Abacus
software product.  Some of the routines don't work, there is almost no
support for the disk, some of the predefined constants do not exist, the
screen overlay system I expect from Forth is non-existent ...

				Tommy Phillips
				trantor!phillips