[net.micro.cbm] 1670 modem:followup

fetrow@entropy.UUCP (David Fetrow) (12/15/85)

 I have been told (by two seperate sources) that Commodore plans to
release a corrected version of the vt100 emulator it packages with
the 1670 modem to registered owners.

 The problems previously mentioned have proved to be software,
not hardware, in nature. One or two of the problems are in
bsd 4.3 UNIX, as verified by myself using an hp2622a terminal
and Hayes smartmodem at 1200 baud.

 I'm not affiliated with Commodore but one of my sources is. The other
talked with the fellow that wrote the emulator via CompuServe. In the
meantime the current version still beats working at 300 baud by a
considerable margin. The modem works with my VIPterm but I usually
use the Commodore software for the built-in XMODEM transfer.
I am not affiliated with VIPterm either.

--

  -"Daphnia Dave" Fetrow

{ ihnp4, fluke, tektronix, uw-june }!uw-beaver!entropy!fetrow :UUCP
  entropy!fetrow@uw-june.arpa                                 :ARPA

grr@unirot.UUCP (George Robbins) (12/17/85)

In article <236@entropy.UUCP> fetrow@entropy.UUCP (David Fetrow) writes:

> I have been told (by two seperate sources) that Commodore plans to
>release a corrected version of the vt100 emulator it packages with
>the 1670 modem to registered owners.
>
>  -"Daphnia Dave" Fetrow
>{ ihnp4, fluke, tektronix, uw-june }!uw-beaver!entropy!fetrow :UUCP
>  entropy!fetrow@uw-june.arpa                                 :ARPA

Sorry, I was one of the people who told Dave that upgrades would be
sent to registered owners.  I double checked and found that I was
*WRONG*.

The correct information is that corrected versions of the modem software
will be available for downloading on Compuserve and Quantum Link, for a
'nominal' charge.  These versions should be available in a few days.

Upgrades of CPM *WILL* be sent to registered owners.  Apparently, CPM is
more a part of the system, while the modems software is included as freeby
and is not licensed software per se.

These are tru facts, since the person responsible just walked in and
read this...
--
George Robbins			uucp:	{unirot|tapa}!grr
P.O. Box 177