[net.micro.cbm] CBM on the net.

pugsly@isrnix.UUCP (David A. Roth) (01/02/86)

This was posted to net.news.newsite and didn't see anything about it in
net.micro.cbm.
Subject: Commodore Revelations (1 of 2) reposting
Date: Sun, 29-Dec-85 21:53:21 EST

[ reports of the line-eaters extinction have been observed to be premature ]

Name of site.

        cbm

What the site is all about.

        This is a gateway system for the internal network at Commodore,
        which consists of the cbmvax 11/750 and a host of VMS Vaxen, Sun's
        and developmental systems at both Commodore and Commodore Amgia.

Name of contact person at site.

        George Robbins

Electronic mail address of contact person.

        ...!{ihnp4|caip}!cbm!usenet

U.S. Mail address of contact person.

        George Robbins
        Engineering Department
        Commodore Business Machines
        1200 Wilson Drive
        West Chester, PA  19380

Phone number of contact person.

        215-431-9255

Systems with whom news articles are exchanged.
(what kind of link, who the neighbor(s) are).

        any day now...

Systems with whom mail is exchanged.
(what kind of link, who the neighbor(s) are, what frequency
of connection, whether or not you'll pass outside mail along).

        see net map entry - we will forward mail as long as no abuse occurs

Willingness (or lack thereof) to connect to new sites that
want to join usenet.  If you run uucp, tell if new sites can
call you, if you will poll them, what your policy is.
If on the arpanet, are you willing to forward news on to new
sites by establishing an arpanet usenet connection?

        We are quite willing to connect to any area sites.  If local,
        we will poll them otherwise they generally must poll us.

        Once we have our news feed established and working reliably, we
        will exchange news with local sites, subject to horsepower and
        storage limitations.

        All external connections via UUCP.

If you want to publish your uucp phone number, login, and password,
include that info.

        Contact the administrator - cbm!usenet

Current map entry

#N      cbm
#S      Zilog System 8000 Model 21; Zeus System V, Release 2.1
#O      Commodore Business Machines; Engineering Hardware Lab
#C      George Robbins
#E      cbm!usenet
#T      +1 215 431 9255
#P      1200 Wilson Drive, West Chester, PA  19380
#L      39 59 30 N / 75 35 00 W
#R      Everyone really lives on a machine we currently call cbmvax, but
#R      mail sent to cbm!person should get forwarded to the right place...
#U
#W      cbm!grr (George Robbins); Sun Dec 15 23:55:00 EST 1985
#
#       Notice:
#
#       This machine talks to Commodore Engineers, hovever it is NOT the
#       correct place for most technical information and problems.
#
#               Amiga   -->     amiga!support, BIX
#               C64/128         -->     compuserv
#
cbm     cbmvax(DEDICATED), amiga(DEMAND),
        ihnp4(DEMAND),
        mwc(DAILY/4),
        tapa(DEMAND), molly(DEMAND),
        snark(DAILY/4), hutch(DAILY/4),
        sinharat(DEMAND),
        unirot(DEMAND),
        topaz(WEEKLY), caip(DEMAND)
--
George Robbins                  uucp:   ...!ihnp4!tapa!grr
P.O. Box 177                            ...!caip!unirot!grr