[net.micro.cbm] C64/CardcoG+/Gemini10x

arlan@inuxm.UUCP (A Andrews) (02/08/86)

I have the above-referenced system: C64 with a Cardco G+ adapter box/cable
and a Star Micronics Gemini 10X printer.

Question is:  How do I get the system to output underlined text when using
the Easyscript word processor?

Any help out there?

Thanks,

--arlan andrews, (who really needs the underlining for the stories that
                 will be appearing in Analog; a straight edge and pen is
                 a rough way to go.)

gibson@trwrba.UUCP (Gregory S. Gibson) (02/10/86)

In article <324@inuxm.UUCP> arlan@inuxm.UUCP (A Andrews) writes:

>Question is:  How do I get the system to output underlined text when using
>the Easyscript word processor?

  1.  Look up the control character for underline on in your PRINTER index.
      Let's pretend it is  100.
  2.  Look up the same for underline off in the index. Pretent it is 101.
  3.  Include in your EASY SCRIPT file.
       (f3) 1=101:2=100.
       (f1) (up arrow) 2 Underline this statment (f1) (up arrow) 1

      (f1) =  The F1 function key
      (f3) =  The F3 function key
      (up arrow) = The up arrow key

  See the EASY SCRIPT manual index.  I'm not sure of the subject.  Try
  ASCII keys.  I am sure the correct page follows the page on underlining,
  boldface, ect.

 The same method is used for all special printing, including, superscripts,
 subscripts, double print, emphasize, back space, etc.
 Double print makes your text darker.