[net.micro.cbm] Make your C64 have 100's of K!

joseph@garfield.UUCP (05/20/86)

Hi all,

A friend tolled me that you can
take the extra memory cart for
the 128 and stick it into the
64 and use it as a RAM drive.
This sounds to good to be true.
He tolled me that he read it in the latest
TPUG. Anyone who can prove
him right or wrong please send
me mail.

Reply to Joseph@Garfield.UUCP

In article <930@garfield.UUCP> joseph@garfield.UUCP (Joseph Dawson) writes:

> A friend tolled me that you can take the extra memory cart for the 128 and
> stick it into the 64 and use it as a RAM drive.  This sounds to good to be
> true.  He tolled me that he read it in the latest TPUG. Anyone who can prove
> him right or wrong please send me mail.
>
> Reply to Joseph@Garfield.UUCP

The current story is that the will be a C64 version of the RAM Expansion.
This version will include a 'Deluxe' power supply that will be capable of
powering both the C64 and the RAM Expansion.  There is a minor electrical
difference between the C64 and C128 versions.  Also, the present C128 RAM
expansion casework is not compatible with the C64 casework.

This is not an official announcement, and it may not turn out this way.
In addition, there is no assurance that C64 RAM expansion will work with
all the older C64 variations.
--
George Robbins - now working with,      uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr
but no way officially representing      arpa: cbmvax!grr@seismo.css.GOV