[net.micro.cbm] Info wanted on C1581.

chuckk@tekgen.UUCP (Chuck Kampmiller ) (08/13/86)

After reading the review of the Commodore 1581 in the June RUN magazine,
I thought that it would be the perfect second drive for my C128 system.
So I called the local Commdore dealer the other day and he said that the
1581 was "vaporware".  So maybe someone can either confirm or deny this
statement.  I sure would like to have one of these gadgets.

UUCP:		{ihnp4 | decvax | ucbvax}!tektronix!tekgen!chuckk
ARPA:		chuckk%tekgen%tektronix@csnet-relay
CSnet:		chuckk%tekgen@tektronix
MaBell:		(503) 627-5328

In article <306@tekgen.UUCP> chuckk@tekgen.UUCP (Chuck Kampmiller ) writes:
> After reading the review of the Commodore 1581 in the June RUN magazine,
> I thought that it would be the perfect second drive for my C128 system.
> So I called the local Commdore dealer the other day and he said that the
> 1581 was "vaporware".  So maybe someone can either confirm or deny this
> statement.  I sure would like to have one of these gadgets.

The 1581 (3.5" drive) is currently under development.
This means that prototypes are in existence, but it
will be a while before you see one on your local
dealer's shelf.

Faster than a 1571, but it's a 5.25" world out there...
--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr

porter@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Jeff Porter) (08/18/86)

> After reading the review of the Commodore 1581 in the June RUN magazine,
> I thought that it would be the perfect second drive for my C128 system.
> So I called the local Commdore dealer the other day and he said that the
> 1581 was "vaporware".  So maybe someone can either confirm or deny this
> statement.  I sure would like to have one of these gadgets.

The 1581 is not vaporware.  We are working on it as fast as humanly
possible.  It should be available near the end of the year.

Magazines are just getting better at picking up new product info.

Jeff Porter
Commodore Engineering