[net.micro.cbm] Error in RS-232 Schematic?

whb@mhuxl.UUCP (BECKER) (09/08/86)

The schematic for a C64 RS-232 interface which was posted recently
seems to have an error.  It refers to a pin "O" on the C64 user
port, but the reference manual labels them "A" thru "N", with no
"O".   What pin should this be?  Are there other errors in this
schematic?

In article <1022@mhuxl.UUCP> whb@mhuxl.UUCP (BECKER, WILLIAM H) writes:

>The schematic for a C64 RS-232 interface which was posted recently
>seems to have an error.  It refers to a pin "O" on the C64 user
>port, but the reference manual labels them "A" thru "N", with no
>"O".   What pin should this be?  Are there other errors in this
>schematic?

I would mention that the Commodore VIC 1011A RS232 Adapter works just fine
with the C64/128.  Retail prices vary, but I understand you can usually
pick one up for ~$15-30.  Recommended for those not much intersted in hacking
hardware...

--
George Robbins - now working with,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr