[net.micro.cbm] C128 -> CP/M

cagordon@watnot.UUCP (Chris Gordon) (09/22/86)

Is there some way I can save files on a Commodore 128 in 128 mode and use them
in CP/M mode?  I ask this because I would like to get some CP/M programs for the
128 from SIMTEL but I do not have a terminal program for CP/M.

adTHANKSvance.

Chris

porter@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Jeff Porter) (09/26/86)

In article <12015@watnot.UUCP> cagordon@watnot.UUCP (Chris Gordon) writes:

>Is there some way I can save files on a Commodore 128 in 128 mode and use them
>in CP/M mode?  I ask this because I would like to get some CP/M programs for the
>128 from SIMTEL but I do not have a terminal program for CP/M.

You need a program written by Mike McLawhorn called BLITZTERM12.
This is a 1200 baud terminal program that works in 128 mode, but saves
things to disk in CP/M format.  This program is available on such
services as Compuserve (CBMPRG) and Q-Link.

It is written in compiled basic.  Works great to download the
lastest CP/M NEWSYS.COM so that you can download stuff directly
in CP/M mode.

Jeff Porter
Commodore Engineering