[net.micro.cbm] Wanted: An early model C64

OP4@PSUVMA.BITNET (09/14/86)

Hi, all, once again!
I posted an article on September 6th, asking about how to make the
Commodore CP/M cartridge work on my newer model C64.  Since then, I've
found that it will only work on the older models of the C64.  Therefore,
I am now interested in purchasing a used, but still fully functional,
older model C64.  If anyone has an old one that they are not using, and
would like to get rid of, and would sell for a fairly cheap price (after
all, it is used, and I am a poor struggling college student!), let me
know.
You can either leave a reply to this message on the netnews, or send a
note directly to OP4@PSUVMA.  Sending a note may not work, so don't be
surprised if it doesn't.  Sorry!

Thanx once again in advance,

Bill Myers
OP4@PSUVMA.BITNET
Penn State/York Campus

ahv@h.cc.purdue.edu (Jerry L. Bloomfield) (09/23/86)

In article <7408OP4@PSUVMA> OP4@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
>I am now interested in purchasing a used, but still fully functional,
>older model C64.  If anyone has an old one that they are not using, and
>would like to get rid of, and would sell for a fairly cheap price (after
>all, it is used, and I am a poor struggling college student!), let me
>know.

Well,  I may have what your needing.  I currently have a c64 that has
been sitting in its original packing for 3 years now because I don't
have a disk drive and I can't afford $180 for one (I too am a college
student).  If anyone can tell me where I can get a drive at a reasonable
price, I'll be grateful,  if not,  I'll sell.  By the way,  how much were
you wanting to pay?

OP4@PSUVMA.BITNET (09/29/86)

It would be a hell of a shame to sell an unused C-64 for less than new.  On
the other hand, I might be able to get you a disk drive, cheap.  A person
here as a C-64 setup that they are interested in selling, and disk drives
come with it.  Leave a Forward to this on netnews, and I'll get back to
you.

Later,
Bill Myers
OP4@PSUVMA.BITNET