[net.micro.cbm] MOUSE????

stuart@tellab5.UUCP (Rick Stuart) (10/16/86)

Can anyone tell me about C-64 compatible mice (mouses ?).  Are they
compatible with Apple's or IBM PC products?  Are they just as good?
Is ~$40.00 a good price for one of these creatures?  If enough
people respond, I'll post the results.

				Thanks,

				Rick Stuart
				Lisle, Illinois
				...!ihnp4!tellab5!stuart

In article <123@tellab5.UUCP> stuart@tellab5.UUCP (Rick Stuart) writes:

>Can anyone tell me about C-64 compatible mice (mouses ?).  Are they
>compatible with Apple's or IBM PC products?  Are they just as good?
>Is ~$40.00 a good price for one of these creatures?  If enough
>people respond, I'll post the results.
>	Rick Stuart   ...!ihnp4!tellab5!stuart

Commodore currently sells a 1350 mouse that produces joystick equivalent pulses
to indicate motion.  A much improved 1351 mouse is due out by year end.  This
mouse will work in the joystick mode, but can also indicate a relative position
via an analog signal interpreted by the SID chip.

This is obviously not the ideal interface, but then there wern't any consumer
mice around when the C64 was being developed.  In practice, it works quite
nicely and should be much easier to use with things like GEOS than the older
version.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr