[net.micro.cbm] C128 Software

paul@ukecc.UUCP (Paul Linton) (10/12/86)

Well,
   I've had my C-128 for almost a year and a half and still haven't seen
any evidence that Commodore is getting serious about producing or having
other companies for that matter produce any software for the 128.  Sure
there are some WP's and Spreadsheets out, but you can only have so many of
these.  How about some utilites?  How about some nice games to take
advantage of 128K?  How about something that isn't converted from the 64
so that they can say that there are programs out for the 128?
   Well, I guess I written enough to get some people yelling at me, so
I had better quit while I can.

--
[(<{!@#$%&------------------------------------------------------------&%$#@!}>)]
[ Paul J. Linton  (University of Kentucky)                                     ]

In article <663@ukecc.UUCP> paul@ukecc.UUCP (Paul Linton) writes:
>Well,
>   I've had my C-128 for almost a year and a half and still haven't seen
>any evidence that Commodore is getting serious about producing or having
>other companies for that matter produce any software for the 128.
>[ Paul J. Linton  (University of Kentucky)

There is something of a misconception here.

Commodore is no longer in the software publishing business.  In general
they write the system software and provide encouragment to developers to
produce software  for the machine for it's release and until things get
rolling, then it's up to the third party providers to meet market demand.

There is some software specifically for the C128, but many companies have
opted to stick with the C64 compatiblity bandwagon, since there are roughly
10 times a many C64's out in the world than C128.  As of a while back , that
was 5-6 *MILLION* C64's.

--
George Robbins - now working for,	uucp: {ihnp4|seismo|caip}!cbmvax!grr