[net.micro.cbm] Putting a 1541 on its side??

randy@ranhome.UUCP (Randy Horton) (10/30/86)

Does anyone out there have any experience putting a 1541 on its side?  Space
on my desk seems to be very scarce, so I would like to put my 1541 on its side
to save space.  I am wondering if I am inviting some kind of trouble by doing
this.  I don't usually leave it on for extended periods of time.
--

(Randy Horton)      allegra|
		    hplabs |

beilke@puff.wisc.edu (Matt Beilke) (11/01/86)

In article <205@ranhome.UUCP>, randy@ranhome.UUCP (Randy Horton) writes:
> Does anyone out there have any experience putting a 1541 on its side?  Space
> on my desk seems to be very scarce, so I would like to put my 1541 on its side
> to save space.  I am wondering if I am inviting some kind of trouble by doing
> this.  I don't usually leave it on for extended periods of time.
> --

       If you have ever lived in a dorm you know what it's like to have

very little desk space,  so I believe I can answer your question very

easily.  No, it does not hurt the drive and/or the disks, _but_ make sure

that you keep it close to a wall (or any thing stable) so that it does

not wobble when you insert, and extract disks.  Although my drive has

never tipped over, I don't imagine it would help the alignment very much.

   -Matt