[net.micro.cbm] Double Strikes from C64 Keyboard

mower@sunybcs.UUCP (James Mower) (10/31/86)

My C64 is developing an increasingly annoying habit of double striking
when I hit a key.  A few of the keys are more apt to do this than others
but all have committed this offense at one time or another.  Has anyone
had any experience with this problem?  I would appreciate any hints or
suggestions.  Thanks.

Jim Mower, Dept. of Geography
uucp: [decvax,watmath,rocksvax]!sunybcs!mower
ARPAnet, CSnet: mower%buffalo@CSNET-RELAY         BITNET:  v061flm5@ubvmsc
                                                        or v061flm5@ubvm

ugbowen@sunybcs.UUCP (Devon Bowen) (11/03/86)

In article <1321@sunybcs.UUCP> mower@sunybcs.UUCP (James Mower) writes:
>My C64 is developing an increasingly annoying habit of double striking
>when I hit a key.  A few of the keys are more apt to do this than others
>but all have committed this offense at one time or another.  Has anyone
>had any experience with this problem?  I would appreciate any hints or
>suggestions.  Thanks.
>

>Jim Mower, Dept. of Geography
>uucp: [decvax,watmath,rocksvax]!sunybcs!mower
>ARPAnet, CSnet: mower%buffalo@CSNET-RELAY         BITNET:  v061flm5@ubvmsc
>                                                        or v061flm5@ubvm

I've had trouble similar to that with my old TRS-80 (stop laughing). I
found that it was caused by dirty contacts. You can pick up a can of
solvent at any Radio Shack that you can shoot into the keys to clean them
up. It should take care of any problems.

                                   Devon Bowen (KA2NRC)
                                   University of Buffalo

csnet:	 ugbowen@buffalo.CSNET
uucp:	 ..!{allegra,decvax,watmath,rocksanne}!sunybcs!ugbowen
BITNET:  ugbowen@sunybcs.BITNET
Voice:   (716) 836-7358
USnail:  67 Lisbon Ave; Buffalo, NY; 14214