[net.rec.nude] Gee...

mike@smu (12/16/85)

Isn't anybody nude anymore?  I know I am.

Mike McNally            SMU     -----------------------------------------
mike@smu                        "Is there Christmas in the hippie world?"
...{convex|texsun}!smu!mike     -----------------------------------------

dude@hou2a.UUCP (dude) (12/27/85)

Its a little cold to go running around with no clothes on
isn't it???????????????.

johnw@reed.UUCP (John Windberg) (12/30/85)

 But it adds color!!

gnu@l5.uucp (John Gilmore) (12/30/85)

In article <700@hou2a.UUCP>, dude@hou2a.UUCP (dude) writes:
> Its a little cold to go running around with no clothes on
> isn't it???????????????.

Well....

When I was living in Bethesda, MD in 1977 I recall a great winter evening
which I spent in my living room curled up in front of the fire, naked,
with a blanket to lie on and cover cold parts with.  I was reading my
old journals and writing new ones and such and at one point when I'd
been toasted about to my limit by the fireplace I was seized by the
idea of going out into the backyard and rolling naked in the snow.  I
pondered this for a few moments and eventually tossed my objections and
did it.  Standing in the snow hesitating felt very silly but actually
rolling around was quite an exhilarating experience.  After a minute or
two of this I leaped up and ran back inside the house and giggled to
myself a lot and hunkered down close to the fire.  Was fun.

In article <16700006@smu>, mike@smu writes:
> Isn't anybody nude anymore?  I know I am.

One of the nice parts of having a home system (or telecommuting) is
being able to work in the nude.

> Mike McNally            SMU     -----------------------------------------
> mike@smu                        "Is there Christmas in the hippie world?"
> ...{convex|texsun}!smu!mike     -----------------------------------------

				   Sure.  There's less alcohol and more
				   BYOD at the parties.

tomp@amiga.UUCP (Tom Pohorsky) (12/31/85)

In article <700@hou2a.UUCP> dude@hou2a.UUCP (dude) writes:
>Its a little cold to go running around with no clothes on
>isn't it???????????????.

  ... perhaps in New Jersey, but I've never been. Some years we get
lucky w/windless 80 degree days at the beach on New Year's Eve. Warm
enough for a quick swim in our more-than-a-little cold Pacific.
   Let me also recommend 4th of July skiing at Mammoth Mountain. I've
tried "skinny" skiing (well, I'm a little shy about bony ankles, so
I wore ski boots :-) there, a wonderful place for a 360 degree tan,
if not burn.

   well, whatever's comfy ... tomp.

rgale@man.UUCP (Ryan Gale) (12/31/85)

In article <374@l5.uucp>, gnu@l5.uucp (John Gilmore) writes:
> In article <16700006@smu>, mike@smu writes:
> > Isn't anybody nude anymore?  I know I am.
>
> One of the nice parts of having a home system (or telecommuting) is
> being able to work in the nude.

Indeed!  I'm not looking forward to the completion of my current project,
as I'll not only have to start getting dressed in the morning, but also
forego brandy in my coffee.  Maybe I should propose a new project...

--
-----

Ryan Gale
{ihnp4, akgua, decvax} !sdcsvax!man!rgale

msb@link.UUCP (Mike S. Balenger x8789) (12/31/85)

I also have warm (?) memories of rolling around in the snow after coming
directly from a hot tub.  Pleasantly warmed on the inside, tingly cold on
the outside, and yelling like I didn't have anything better to do.  I didn't.

<cute quote>		Michael S. Balenger		(201) 949-8789
<cute disclamer>	AT&T Bell Labs
			Crawfords Corner Road
ihnp4!link!msb		Holmdel, NJ   07733

stg@uvacs.UUCP (Samuel T. Gregory) (01/03/86)

> >Its a little cold to go running around with no clothes on isn't it?
>   ... perhaps in New Jersey, but I've never been. Some years we get
> lucky w/windless 80 degree days at the beach on New Year's Eve. Warm
> enough for a quick swim in our more-than-a-little cold Pacific.

It is cold, but opportunities do present themselves.  December 15 1984,
the temperature rose into the high 60's here in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The winter had already begun to get to me, so I took off for my favorite
lake.  It was sunny and the lake is surrounded by mountains to block the
wind.  I got in quite a bit of alternate skinnydipping and sunning on the
grass.  The sunning was necessary since the temperature of the water had
not followed that of the air.