[net.rec.nude] Is nudity nasty or nice? What about porn?

frye@cuuxb.UUCP (frye) (02/14/86)

I never joined any nudist or naturist groups for the
same reason I never joined any bowling leagues and such.
Far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with nudity
or bowling. I'm just not a club or association type
person. I don't want to have my plans made for me so
I have to show up somewhere every Thursday night or
whenever and don't want my clothes to have to be taken
off or put on at any certain time. In particular regard
to nudity, the weather should be the only deciding factor
as to what does or doesn't get worn. This next part isn't
rotated, so watch it! Yeh, this part... I gave up bowling
a long time ago for sex. The balls are lighter and I don't
have to wear a certain pair of shoes(8-).

As for the people who don't like the skin mags, well---I
kinda see their points. If they just didn't airbrush the
photos...But, the problem with the degradation of women
is in the minds of a few people. It has very little to
do with magazines unless we just let folks use that lame
excuse. I think a lot of the problems in this country are
caused by allowing people to use one lame excuse or another.
For instance, I really don't think a deprived childhood is
any reason for a person to turn to a life of crime. It may
be an excuse, but it isn't even a half assed reason. Like-
wise, a gun doesn't cause a shooting nor does a knife cause
a stabbing. Some jerk has to do something and should be made
liable for his actions if they are not justifiable.

I have always had the feeling that this country settles for
too many damned foolish excuses. I think its about time we
quit doing that crap.

I've never really paid much attention to nude males, but
there is a certain something about the female body that
makes me think its one of natures prettier art forms. I
think there is a certain female contingent out there who
think the same about the male body. See, civilization is
causing us to miss some of the prettier sights. Its even
getting harder to see deer running through the timber. I
like that kind of scenery too. I also like to see mountains
that don't have billboard signs hiding the view. Hell, even
a thunderstorm is nice now and then. But, for some, bare
skin is a no-no.

THe above views don't mean that I think women are just good
to look at. Everybody who is somebody knows better than that.

I guess some folks think there would not be enough mystery
about the opposite sex if nudity were the norm. I do feel
that the sharing between the sexes would still be the same
though. That seems to be a little more important to me than
mystery.

'Nough of my yammering...

Thanx fer listenin'.
Frye again

davel@zehntel.UUCP (David Longerbeam) (02/18/86)

> As for the people who don't like the skin mags, well---I
> kinda see their points. If they just didn't airbrush the
> photos...But, the problem with the degradation of women
> is in the minds of a few people. It has very little to
> do with magazines unless we just let folks use that lame
> excuse. I think a lot of the problems in this country are
> caused by allowing people to use one lame excuse or another.

> Frye again

Not too long ago, I picked up a copy of Hustler mag, and in the
introduction to this "special issue" it said,

	 These DOGS weren't GOOD enough for our regular issue,
	 so we've rounded them up here.

If you don't think THIS is degrading, your head isn't screwed on straight.

- Dave Longerbeam

--
David Longerbeam @ Zehntel Automation Systems, Walnut Creek, CA
{ihnp4,ucbvax}!zehntel!davel

wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) (03/05/86)

In article <1940@zehntel.UUCP> davel@zehntel.UUCP (David Longerbeam) writes:
>Not too long ago, I picked up a copy of Hustler mag, and in the
>introduction to this "special issue" it said,
>	 These DOGS weren't GOOD enough for our regular issue,
>	 so we've rounded them up here.
>If you don't think THIS is degrading, your head isn't screwed on straight.

Well, nobody has ever accused me of having my head screwed on
straight!  (Well, one mailer did accuse me of being "damn sane" but
perhaps she was joking....8-)

Here we go again with the idea that if I'm happy enough with my bod
and its sexuality to permit someone to capture my sole (and other
parts of my body) in a box, the use of that photo can degrade me.

Think about it a minute.  Hustler is in the business of providing
sexually stimulating icons of the human form.  _Either_ these "dogs"
were stimulating, or Hustler lost a bundle.  Since, a few years back,
they did a paperbag special, it might just be that they're trying,
with typical Hustlerian indirection, to point out that "dogs" are sexy
too.

I don't know for certain, since I've never been male, but from the
female side of the fence, I've never known a man so ugly I couldn't
warm up for him if I liked the person living in the "ugly" meat.  And
I've never known a man who was so gorgeous that I couldn't walk away
once I realized he was jerking me around.  Are men _really_ that
different and gonadally driven?  I doubt it.

If you disagree with me, "ruff" 8-).

				STella Calvert

		Do what thou wilt -- not just a good idea,

				it's the law!

Guest on Account:	...!mit-eddie!frog!wjr
Life:			Baltimore!AnnArbor!<LongStrangeTrip>!Taxachusetts
Future:			...	(!L5!TheBelt!InterstellarSpace)