[net.rec.nude] nude magazines

colonel@ellie.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (03/13/86)

> Playboy is the antithesis of naturism. If you lived in a world
> of naked bodies, there would be no need to go out and buy pictures
> of them. The basic idea is that clothing reduces the supply of
> "scenery." ...
> 					John.

You might as well say that if we lived in a world with flowers
there would be no need to paint pictures of flowers.  Photography
lets you see familiar things in a novel way.

In article <2024@rayssd.UUCP> hxe@rayssd.UUCP (Heather Emanuel) writes:
>The other reason (in *my* opinion, but borne out by research and
>literature) is much more subtle.  Take a look at the women's poses
>in Playboy.  They're passive, submissive; they frighten me when I
>think of myself in that situation.  They're asking to be dominated.

That's because they're photographs.  It's very hard for a photograph
to make the first move!

	Captain Buffalo: "You see, Tommy ... When Mudman suffered a freak
	  laboratory accident, something happened to his mind as well."
	Tommy Thrush: "You mean, it turned into mud!"
	Captain Buffalo: "In technical language, that's correct."
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
UU: ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel