[net.rec.nude] Goofed, got the wrong group the 1st time...Darn!

frye@cuuxb.UUCP (frye) (03/07/86)

Subject: Tom Twiss replied to my posting...
Date: Fri, 7-Mar-86 13:04:34 CST

Naw Tom, don't worry about me. I just read the newspaper
that day. I'm not quite as rabid as I sound. Only thing
is, We still gather a hell of a number of victims of
rapes, murders, muggings, and asaults while we are trying
to figure out why these crimes occur. The victims don't
care what kind of childhood the asailant had, or what
kind of magazines the asailant read. The victim is either
dead or hurt. Time to be thinking of the victims instead
of allowing time to make more victims. We are using the
victims' time to do all this head shrinking. I don't think
that society is entitled to that time. True, it is sad
that the person committing the crime may be some kind of
victim too, but your average person out on the street is
not to blame for that. But, its the average person out
there who is victimized by the element we are so set on
doping out. While we are doping that clown out, we are
not preventing him from commiting still more mayhem and
such. Society will put this clown in jail alright, but
they won't keep him there.

I still say society allows crime to happen by accepting
excuses and not punishing criminals.

Thanks for writing Tom, YAE (Yet Another Example) that there
are quite a few folks who can think on the ol' net(8-). Ummm,
that's the reason I'm inclined to toast you folks' health from
time to time.

Cheers, Glugglugglug. AAHHH!(8-)
Grizzly somemore

twiss@stolaf.UUCP (Tom Twiss) (03/14/86)

> Subject: Tom Twiss replied to my posting...
> Date: Fri, 7-Mar-86 13:04:34 CST
>
> Naw Tom, don't worry about me. I just read the newspaper
> that day. I'm not quite as rabid as I sound. Only thing
> is, We still gather a hell of a number of victims of
> rapes, murders, muggings, and asaults while we are trying
> to figure out why these crimes occur. The victims don't
> care what kind of childhood the asailant had, or what
> kind of magazines the asailant read. The victim is either
> dead or hurt. Time to be thinking of the victims instead
> of allowing time to make more victims. We are using the
> victims' time to do all this head shrinking. I don't think
> that society is entitled to that time. True, it is sad
> that the person committing the crime may be some kind of
> victim too, but your average person out on the street is
> not to blame for that. But, its the average person out
> there who is victimized by the element we are so set on
> doping out. While we are doping that clown out, we are
> not preventing him from commiting still more mayhem and
> such. Society will put this clown in jail alright, but
> they won't keep him there.

	This could very well be.  I don't disagree with any of the
above.  But because the problem is so prevalent, it doesn't mean we
can't address some causes (or possible causes) in an attempt to prevent
at least some of the crimes.

> I still say society allows crime to happen by accepting
> excuses and not punishing criminals.

	Again, you may be correct on this.  Hopefully, the "excuses"
would be *reasons* or *causes*, so that perhaps *constructive* action
can be taken.  But your point is well taken as well.

> Thanks for writing Tom, YAE (Yet Another Example) that there
> are quite a few folks who can think on the ol' net(8-). Ummm,
> that's the reason I'm inclined to toast you folks' health from
> time to time.

	You are very gracious.  The same compliment should be paid you.

--
I don't even have an employer, so these views can't be theirs!

Tom Twiss
St. Olaf College
Nothfield, MN 55057
{decvax or ihnp4}!stolaf!agnes!twiss