[net.rec.nude] Nudist life style

aouriri@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Chedley Aouriri) (02/06/86)

Just a few questions to you, naturists.

Do you expect/require your spouse or SO to be a naturist.?
And if your partner does not like nudism, does he or she
go with you to nude beachs, camps or parties? If yes, is
he/she allowed in with clothes on?
Or is nudism a strictly single activity?

If you have kids, do you parade in nature's clothes in front
of them? Do you take them to nude beachs, camps,...? If yes,
are they allowed in? Shoud they take off their clothes too?

CHEDLEY.

jar@siemens.UUCP (02/07/86)

> If you have kids, do you parade in nature's clothes in front
> of them? Do you take them to nude beachs, camps,...? If yes,
> are they allowed in? Shoud they take off their clothes too?

Yes, my wife and I don't wear clothes if it is natural not to do so. If it
is warm enough we put off our clothes but we do not 'parade' in front of our
kids. And we don't force them to do the same. My daughter prefers not to be
nude (she's 4) so we let her wear her bathing suit or sth. else.
This answers your 1st and 3rd question. I've never been at aplace where
children weren't allowed in so I cannot answer your second.
Let me add sth. else: There's nothing against being nude in front of your
kids but I think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of
them.

Juergen A. Reimann
Research & Technologie Lab.
Siemens
105 College Road East
Princeton NJ 08540

(609) 734-6527

ihnp4!adrvax!siemens!jar

wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) (02/10/86)

In article <588@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP> aouriri@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Chedley Aouriri) writes:
>Just a few questions to you, naturists.

I'm not a naturist -- I'm a nake.  The distinction I am trying for is
that I don't LIKE wearing clothes, but I don't go to nudist camps or
exclusively nude beaches.  Largely because of the strange attitude
toward sexuality that I note in naturist's publications.

>Do you expect/require your spouse or SO to be a naturist?

No.  No more than I require my husband to let his beard grow down over
his belt.  It's HIS bod, not mine.

>And if your partner does not like nudism, does he or she
>go with you to nude beachs, camps or parties? If yes, is
>he/she allowed in with clothes on?

When we visit some friends of mine who frequently nake around their
property, I'll probably strip unless the sun's too strong (anyone have
a source for SPF 1500?  I need some....) And he'll probably leave his
clothes on unless they've put in a pool.

>Or is nudism a strictly single activity?

>If you have kids, do you parade in nature's clothes in front
>of them? Do you take them to nude beachs, camps,...? If yes,
>are they allowed in? Shoud they take off their clothes too?

I don't, I would, I would, they'd better be, and why the hell not?  OK?

				STella Calvert

		Every man and every woman is a star.

Guest on:	...!decvax!frog!wjr
Life:		Baltimore!AnnArbor!Smyrna!<LotsOfHitchhikingAndShortVisits>
			!SantaCruz!Berkeley!AnnArbor!Taxachusetts
Future:			...	(!L5!TheBelt!InterstellarSpace)

hollombe@ttidcc.UUCP (The Polymath) (02/11/86)

In article <588@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP> aouriri@ittvax.ATC.ITT.UUCP (Chedley Aouriri) writes:
>Just a few questions to you, naturists.
>
>Do you expect/require your spouse or SO to be a naturist.?

No.

>And if your partner does not like nudism, does he or she
>go with you to nude beachs, camps or parties?

I'm currently between SOs, but if I had one it would be entirely up to her.

>If yes, is he/she allowed in with clothes on?

All the nudist places I've ever been  to  have  been  clothing  _optional_.
Optional  means  just  that.  You  can  wear  clothes or not, as much or as
little as you like.

>Or is nudism a strictly single activity?

Hardly.  Lots of married nudists out there.

>If you have kids, do you parade in nature's clothes in front
>of them? Do you take them to nude beachs, camps,...? If yes,
>are they allowed in? Shoud they take off their clothes too?

I don't have kids, but I know plenty of nudists who do.  They take them  to
the  local resort all the time.  Whether the kids wear clothes there or not
is generally left  up  to  the  kids.  Some  do,  some  don't.  There's  no
"should" about it.

Any more questions?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe)
Citicorp(+)TTI
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.     Geniuses are people so lazy they
Santa Monica, CA  90405   do everything right the first time.
(213) 450-9111, ext. 2483
{philabs,randvax,trwrb,vortex}!ttidca!ttidcc!hollombe

john@birtch.UUCP (John Pipkins x257) (02/14/86)

Okay, I'm jumping in with reservations and a need to share.

> Just a few questions to you, naturists.
>
> Do you expect/require your spouse or SO to be a naturist.?

I only expect my SO to accept me, nothing else.

> And if your partner does not like nudism, does he or she
> go with you to nude beachs, camps or parties? If yes, is
> he/she allowed in with clothes on?

She is not expected to do anything with me she doesn't want to do.  We are
individuals who share (more than we share with any one else on the bottom line).

> Or is nudism a strictly single activity?

Of course not, but it is an individuals choice that should be allowed and (in
the case of those who don't accept it) tolerated.

> If you have kids, do you parade in nature's clothes in front
> of them?

If I ever have kids, I would not parade around in front of them.  I would be
totally natural in front of them, including not trying to hide my body from
them.  They would not learn from me to be ashamed of their (or anyone's) body.
We are what we are.  Admit it with out shame or feeling 'abnormal' (what ever
that is).  Such attitudes are taught (and in my opinion, against what is natural
or desirable in human societies).  By the way, this is the statement that
'triggered' me.  Thank you for making it.  I accept that as your point of view
and respect you for expressing it, even though I don't agree with the im-
plications and concepts.   But, atleast you got me out here with you.  And
(don't give me no problems about me english) a chance to express myself.

				John Pipkins
				Birtcher Investments

The quote:  If they can't take a joke, f__k them.

seifert@hammer.UUCP (Snoopy) (02/18/86)

In article <83200002@siemens.UUCP> jar@siemens.UUCP writes:

> There's nothing against being nude in front of your kids but I
> think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of them.

Ah, teaching the kids that nudity is okay, but sex is dirty.

Snoopy (the flames from this should finish melting the snow!)
tektronix!tekecs!doghouse.TEK!snoopy

sean@ukma.UUCP (Sean Casey) (02/19/86)

In article <83200002@siemens.UUCP> jar@siemens.UUCP writes:
>There's nothing against being nude in front of your
>kids but I think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of
>them.

Why?

Sean Casey                UUCP:  sean@ukma.uucp          CSNET:  sean@uky.csnet
University of Kentucky    ARPA:  ukma!sean@anl-mcs.arpa
Lexington, Kentucky     BITNET:  sean@ukma.bitnet

     "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are."

des@druhi.UUCP (SalyerDE) (02/20/86)

In article <1819@hammer.UUCP>, seifert@hammer.UUCP (Snoopy) writes:
> In article <83200002@siemens.UUCP> jar@siemens.UUCP writes:
>
> > There's nothing against being nude in front of your kids but I
> > think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of them.
>
> Ah, teaching the kids that nudity is okay, but sex is dirty.
>
> Snoopy (the flames from this should finish melting the snow!)
> tektronix!tekecs!doghouse.TEK!snoopy

No, not necessarily 'dirty', but definately 'private'.  If you are
not concerned with your privacy, go ahead.

DISCLAIMER: Any opinions stated above could only be my own, no-one else
	would want them...

	Real Life:	Dale Salyer (Programmer)
	E-Mail Address:	ihnp4!druhi!des
	Company:	AT&T Info. Systems Laboratories

jar@siemens.UUCP (02/20/86)

>> There's nothing against being nude in front of your kids but I
>> think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of them.

>Ah, teaching the kids that nudity is okay, but sex is dirty.

There is a big response to my posting (first two lines). Besides the two
answers here on the notesfile I also got lots of mail. So after having
answered the first I think I should give a public answer. (We probably
should write a new basic note)

To make it short: Nudity is okay and sex is okay. But there is a difference
in your behaviour independent of the both words. I think it is normal to put
off my clothes if the temperature is high enough (I don't like air
condition) but it is not normal to put off the clothes if you think you
*should* show your kids the genitals (BTW my children are 3 and 5). I think
it is normal if you make love with your wife and the kids come in by
coincidence but it is not normal if you start sexual activities just to show
your kids how to arouse, move, etc. Is it now clear what I meant??

On the other hand the children should have the possibility to find out that
the parents love each other and that they love their kids. One way to
express this is as far as I know to kiss each other (at least in our society)
but you cannot conclude that this leads to fellatio in front of your kids.
And that is what I meant when I said

>> I think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of your kids.

I'm looking forward to your answers at least as long as I can participate in
the net (because I have to go back to Germany soon).

Juergen A. Reimann
Research & Technologie Lab.
Siemens
105 College Road East
Princeton NJ 08540

(609) 734-6527

ihnp4!adrvax!siemens!jar

in the future:

Rennesstrasse 35
8520 Erlangen
West Germany

phoenix@genat.UUCP (phoenix) (02/23/86)

In article <1819@hammer.UUCP> tekecs!doghouse.TEK!snoopy writes:
>In article <83200002@siemens.UUCP> jar@siemens.UUCP writes:
>
>> There's nothing against being nude in front of your kids but I
>> think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of them.
>
>Ah, teaching the kids that nudity is okay, but sex is dirty.
>
>Snoopy (the flames from this should finish melting the snow!)
>tektronix!tekecs!doghouse.TEK!snoopy

I think it more to the point that sex is not *dirty*, but PRIVATE!!!

--
					The Phoenix
					(Neither Bright, Dark, nor Young)

---"A man should live forever...or die trying."
---"There is no substitute for good manners...except fast reflexes."

wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) (03/05/86)

In article <2567@genat.UUCP> phoenix@genat.UUCP () writes:
>In article <1819@hammer.UUCP> tekecs!doghouse.TEK!snoopy writes:
>>In article <83200002@siemens.UUCP> jar@siemens.UUCP writes:
>>> There's nothing against being nude in front of your kids but I
>>> think there should NEVER be ANY sexual activities in front of them.
>>Ah, teaching the kids that nudity is okay, but sex is dirty.
>I think it more to the point that sex is not *dirty*, but PRIVATE!!!

OK, so riddle me this -- why is eating (another enjoyable biofunction)
not only not private, but downright social?

I think the "sex is private" argument begs an important question -- if
it's not "dirty", why is it necessarily more private than other
activities?  You mean you let your kids watch you EAT?

I really didn't think anything could shock me, but I guess I was
wrong.  Eating in front of _children_?

Hot dogs!  Taffy!  (Sorry about the obscenities, I got carried away.
But feed you if you can't take a joke!)

				STella Calvert

		Do what thou wilt -- not just a good idea,

				it's the law!

Guest on Account:	...!mit-eddie!frog!wjr
Life:			Baltimore!AnnArbor!<LongStrangeTrip>!Taxachusetts
Future:			...	(!L5!TheBelt!InterstellarSpace)

rap@oliven.UUCP (Robert A. Pease) (03/07/86)

In article <683@frog.UUCP> wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) writes:
>In article <2567@genat.UUCP> phoenix@genat.UUCP () writes:
>>>Ah, teaching the kids that nudity is okay, but sex is dirty.
>>I think it more to the point that sex is not *dirty*, but PRIVATE!!!
>
>OK, so riddle me this -- why is eating (another enjoyable biofunction)
>not only not private, but downright social?

Eating, unlike sex, allows you  to  enjoy  the  event  without  highly
focusing  your  concentration on it.  Most people focus very highly on
the act of sexual intercourse and get very  distracted  and/or annoyed
when   they  are  disturbed.  (This  of  course  does  not  take  into
consideration exhibitionists, whom I deliberately leave out.)

>I think the "sex is private" argument begs an important question -- if
>it's not "dirty", why is it necessarily more private than other
>activities?  You mean you let your kids watch you EAT?

Because thats the way \I/ like it, and thats  all  the  reason  anyone
needs.  Going to the bathroom isn't dirty.  No one thinks it is, but I
still want to have my privacy when I'm sitting on the throne.  You try
going with a bunch of kids barging in on you every two minutes.

>				STella Calvert
>
>		Do what thou wilt -- not just a good idea,
>
>				it's the law!

Do keep in mind that, "Do what thou wilt", commands that you  not  let
anyone else choose for you, but that you choose for yourself.

					So mote it be.

--

					Robert A. Pease
{hplabs|fortune|idi|ihnp4|tolerant|allegra|glacier|olhqma}!oliveb!oliven!rap

colonel@ellie.UUCP (Col. G. L. Sicherman) (03/13/86)

In article <683@frog.UUCP>, wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) writes:

> OK, so riddle me this -- why is eating (another enjoyable biofunction)
> not only not private, but downright social?
>
> I think the "sex is private" argument begs an important question -- if
> it's not "dirty", why is it necessarily more private than other
> activities?  You mean you let your kids watch you EAT?
>
> I really didn't think anything could shock me, but I guess I was
> wrong.  Eating in front of _children_?

The _Worm Runner's Digest_ once printed an article called "Nice
People Don't Eat"--a straightforward extrapolation.  I think it
appeared in the WRD anthology _A Stress Analysis of a Strapless
Evening Gown._
--
Col. G. L. Sicherman
UU: ...{rocksvax|decvax}!sunybcs!colonel

jeanette@randvax.UUCP (Jeanette Haritan) (03/14/86)

In article <683@frog.UUCP> wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) writes:
>In article <2567@genat.UUCP> phoenix@genat.UUCP () writes:
>>>Ah, teaching the kids that nudity is okay, but sex is dirty.
>>I think it more to the point that sex is not *dirty*, but PRIVATE!!!
>
>OK, so riddle me this -- why is eating (another enjoyable biofunction)
>not only not private, but downright social?
>
>I think the "sex is private" argument begs an important question -- if
>it's not "dirty", why is it necessarily more private than other
>activities?  You mean you let your kids watch you EAT?
>
>I really didn't think anything could shock me, but I guess I was
>wrong.  Eating in front of _children_?

I don't think that is a realistic comparison.  Kids understand eating.  Kids
eat!  I don't know many kids (within certain age groups) who know about
sex, or understand sex.  I'm really talking about small, small children.

Lots of times, if a child walks in on the act, he or she thinks something
violent is going on (distorted faces, groaning).  I think it would be an
easy misinterpretation, and no child enjoys seeing his/her parents angry
with each other.

Noone knows for certain how their kids would react, but why risk it.

As far as the nudity goes, why risk THAT also?  Would you walk around naked
in front of your kids just to prove a point?  And if so, then would you
do the same when they had friends over?  What's the difference if you're
trying to teach them that the body is NOT dirty?

I'm going through this nudity business now.  My oldest child is 2 1/2.
About a month ago, I was bending over to pick up my shirt.  He ran over,
pulled on my right breast, and delightfully screamed, "beep beep". 8*}
When I'm in doubt (I certainly do not want my kids to have body
hang-ups...so to speak 8*) ) I tend to look back at what my folks did.  My
parents never ran around nude, but if we caught them running barea**ed
from room to room, they never acted embarassed.  And we all grew up with
no shame for our bodies.

--
jeannette haritan

yeah sure