[net.pets] oscars,eels, and let's talk fish!

david@ut-sally.UUCP (David R. Kuykendall) (05/02/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE! ARE YOU CRAZY? I LOVE THIS LINE! ***

Dear net.pets,

    I am looking for those Fish lovers I have not seen.  I am sick of
the drab talk from dog, and cat owners about flees, and the dirty things
their little precious does.

    Are there any Oscar owners out there.  Does anyone own a Peacock eel?
Let's talk fish! This is a beta test! ( I couldn't help myself ).

The opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be confused with the
          Hitler Youths at U.T.-Sally who want to censor me.

                    david@ut-sally.{ARPA,UUCP}

ps: flames are accepted. But, be prepaired to get nuked back.
pps: 55 sucks!
ppps: Blue laws suck! (* for Texans *)
pppps: Do not try to make a dirty word by replacing the "*"'s in ppps.
ppppps: This is starting to look nice.
pppppps: I'll put somthing wity here later.
ppppppps: Go to ps. (* I had to do that in honor of Dijkstra *)

andie@cvl.UUCP (Diane Donaldson) (05/03/85)

From david@ut-sally:

	>Dear net.pets,
	>
    	>I am looking for those Fish lovers I have not seen.  I am sick of
	>the drab talk from dog, and cat owners about flees, and the dirty
	>things their little precious does.

Hey, let's not get personal here.  I own cats and fish, and they're
both interesting.  And they even manage to leave each other alone,
mostly...

	>    Are there any Oscar owners out there.  Does anyone own a Peacock
	>eel? Let's talk fish! This is a beta test! ( I couldn't help myself ).

I have a 55 gallon marine setup with a lionfish, an anemone and a
clownfish, and a couple other colorful creatures.  Expensive, but real
nice, and it's so much fun to watch the lionfish devour guppies...
I'd like to get a snowflake eel, since they're one of the few marine
eels that actually DO something besides hang out under a rock.

	>pps: 55 sucks!

Hey, no way, 55 gallon tanks are great! :-)

						Diane
						andie@cvl

ttorgers@udenva.UUCP (Troy Torgerson) (05/07/85)

In article <> david@ut-sally.UUCP (David R. Kuykendall) writes:
>*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR FISH ***
>
>    I am looking for those Fish lovers I have not seen.  I am sick of
>    Are there any Oscar owners out there.  Does anyone own a Peacock eel?
>Let's talk fish! This is a beta test! ( I couldn't help myself ).
>
>                    david@ut-sally.{ARPA,UUCP}

Glad to know there are other pets out there other than cats and dogs.
Dogs a fine but cats I don't like unless they are in the 200 to
500 lb. range. . .

Anyway, I have several tanks filled with various assorted fish of various
assorted interest. .   I have a 90 gallon with two of the prettiest (yes,
I'm proud of them!) Oscars you have ever seen!  The first, and largest
is a normal Tiger oscar who is a little over three years old.  I strongly
suspect that "she" is a female.  The reason I called her normal is because
the other oscar is (I hope) a male with the LONG fins!  He is almost as large
as the other and we hope that they will get interested in each other and
make wild fish whoopee soon. . .  .  They have shown some tendencies  towards
this but who knows. .  I'd be real interested in other peoples experience
with mating oscars.

My other tanks are a 55, which has some african cics. and a 10 wih a couple
of angels, and then the lowly 5 gallon which keeps all my feeders.

So, tell me about your oscars!

			Troy Torgerson
			udenva!ttorgers