[net.pets] pets

jdb@ccieng6.UUCP ( Joe D. Joseph DiBenedetto) (10/10/83)

To: Karen Walker
From: Joe DiBenedetto
				Karen,

	Well they finally came. My puppies were born Saturday October
8, 1983 at 3:00 P.M. I missed the first two being born, but luckely she
had been down my breeders house for the past week. She stays home alot
and was able to feed her more than I did. She is not the one that owned
the dog though. She also breeds Lhasas as gave us alot of help, boy we
needed it.

	Anyway they started to arrive at 3:00 P.M. as I said. Two of them
were born in 15 min. We rushed over and helped out with the rest of them.
The first one is a female at 5 ounces and the next was a male at 6 ounces.
The next three came shortly after they we arrived. It was some experience.
Our first time and it was something to see. Well next out came another
red/gold female and then 20 min later another darker colored re/gold
female. By 4:20 P.M. she had another red/gold female. So now we had 1 male
and 4 females. We waited for a while because we thought it look like she was
working on another one but after 2 hours she was all done. So we ended up
with 1 black male at 6 ounces and 4 females at 5 and 6 ounces. They all
looked pretty healthy too. I thought after 2 hours she might have another
but then she started cleaning her self and that gave us signs she was all
done.

	Well they are going to the Vet today to have their dew-claws removed
and to be checked over. It should go well. I thought you would like to know
how every thing went, it was very exciting. Let me know when your new
arrivals come and how everything turns out.

				Joe DiBenedetto

				Computer Consoles
				Rochester, N.Y.

joe@ccice6.UUCP (Joe DiBenedetto II) (02/15/85)

I am posting this one more last time with hopes there are some
person out there who would be willing to co-own one of my Lhasa's
with me or who is a breeder and that could understand why I want
to do this.

I am looking for the right home out there in net.petland who will
want to co-own my Lhasa bitch with me. She is 1/2 through
completing her American Championship in Canada. My feelings towards
her though is that she would like to be just a pet and not a Lhasa
show bitch.

She is in full coat and is 2 years old. Her color is dark red with
black tipping. She is from the line of a  breeder called "Sutong"
if anyone out there knows about Lhasa, it is a quality breeding.
Her mother is a Canadian Champion with some American points and her
sister which I own is a Canadian Champion also and has produced 2
very beautiful litters.

I am very interested in a co-ownership for a fair price of $250.00.
I paid $350.00 for her, but as some breeders learn that you can't
always buy a puppy and be sure that he or she will like to have the
life of a show dog or bitch.

I currently own a nephew of this bitch who has taken two back to back
majors at Saratoga New York. He needs 1 point to finish is American
Champsionship at 1 year and 3 months. We are very pleased with him.
This bitch is very capable of producing very nice litters if given
the chance and we both agree on who we would like to breed her to.
I am very very careful as to who I breed to so the litter would be
of fine quality.

If anyone out there in net.pet land is interested in a co-ownership
deal with me and getting a fine quality Lhasa Apso please let me
know. Please call me at area code (716) 342-1384 or write me
through mail as soon as possible and we can talk or call me at
482-500- ext 2797.

			Joe DiBenedetto
			ccice6:joe

joe@ccice6.UUCP (Joe DiBenedetto II) (02/15/85)

That work phone for my Lhasa is 482-5000 ext 2797 or
home phone is area code 716-342-1384.

			Joe DiBenedetto
			ccice6:joe

joe@ccice2.UUCP (Joe DiBenedetto II) (09/26/85)

      Lets get a new topic going instead of cats and kittens.
      How about talking about dogs and their breed and add in
      a little talk about dog shows in general !!!

ayers@convexs.UUCP (10/02/85)

/* Written 11:37 am  Sep 26, 1985 by joe@ccice2.UUCP in convexs:net.pets */
/* ---------- "pets" ---------- */
      ...How about talking about dogs and their breed and add in
      a little talk about dog shows in general !!!
/* End of text from convexs:net.pets */

I'll bite:

MY SON'S RIDGEBACK TOOK 3 FOUR POINT MAJORS THIS WEEKEND IN HIS FIRST
NON-PUPPY SHOWING!!!!!!!!!!!(He's a Dagga-son, so what do you expect?)

[yea!]

blues, II

joe@ccice2.UUCP (Joe DiBenedetto II) (10/08/85)

> /* Written 11:37 am  Sep 26, 1985 by joe@ccice2.UUCP in convexs:net.pets */
> /* ---------- "pets" ---------- */
>       ...How about talking about dogs and their breed and add in
>       a little talk about dog shows in general !!!
> /* End of text from convexs:net.pets */
>

> I'll bite:
>
> MY SON'S RIDGEBACK TOOK 3 FOUR POINT MAJORS THIS WEEKEND IN HIS FIRST
> NON-PUPPY SHOWING!!!!!!!!!!!(He's a Dagga-son, so what do you expect?)
>
> [yea!]
>
> blues, II

Just wanted to tak this time to tell your son congragulations on that big win.
Taking 3 4 point majors is not something that happens everyday. First you need
the dogs to show up. I know for Lhasas which is my breed you need 9 dogs for
a 3 point major and bitches 12 for a 3 point major. How many is it for the
Ridgeback ?

I've gotten sort of close to that, by taking 2 3 point majors back to back in
Saratoga this year in January. I was pretty excited then too and so should your
son. Was the dog owner handled. How old is your dog. That should almost finish
him right ? He just needs the single points or mabe he is already a "CH"

I already have two Champions, working on 3 and 4, which are also on the
verge of finishing too, I hope this year.

I think you should do a little advertising in one of your magazines about this
win. Well congrats again and keep up the good work.

			Joe D. ccice6:joe