[net.pets] solution to cat litter box/plant problem

silberma@agrigene.UUCP (11/06/85)

We put conifer cones (pine, spruce, etc.) on the soil surface of our
potted plants as a means of preventing our cats from using our horti-
culture collection as a litter box.  It has worked for all of our
cats (8 over the past 5 years) and I heartily recommend this method.
You can use smaller cones (such as spruce) for small size pots and
larger cones (white pine, sugar pine) for large size pots.

booter@lll-crg.ARpA (Elaine Richards) (11/09/85)

In article <235@agrigene.UUCP> silberma@agrigene.UUCP writes:
>We put conifer cones (pine, spruce, etc.) on the soil surface of our
>potted plants as a means of preventing our cats from using our horti-
>culture collection as a litter box.  It has worked for all of our
>cats (8 over the past 5 years) and I heartily recommend this method.
>You can use smaller cones (such as spruce) for small size pots and
>larger cones (white pine, sugar pine) for large size pots.

Cant these be potentially toxic?

*****