[net.pets] Cat Munchies

ehrman@ttidca.UUCP (Mary Ehrman) (12/12/85)

      <   Line Eater  >

My cat's appetite has gone wacko!  She used to be satisfied with 1/2 a can
of Friskies, 9-Lives, etc. in the morning before I go to work and the
other 1/2 when I got home.  NOW SHE'S ALWAYS HUNGRY.  She goes into the
trash and tears apart anything that remotely resembles food...So am
feeding her more thinking she will fill up and quit.  Not so.

Do cats' appetites change?  How much should I feed her?  She will be
3 years old around Christmas and is very active and very healthy (except
she's a porker!).

Help!!

Mary Ehrman
Citicorp + TTI
3100 Ocean Park Blvd.  V2
Santa Monica, CA 90405

tc@amd.UUCP (Tom Crawford) (12/13/85)

In article <> ehrman@ttidca.UUCP (Mary Ehrman) writes:
>My cat's appetite has gone wacko!  She used to be satisfied with 1/2 a can
>of Friskies, 9-Lives, etc. in the morning before I go to work and the
>other 1/2 when I got home.  NOW SHE'S ALWAYS HUNGRY.  She goes into the
>trash and tears apart anything that remotely resembles food...So am

The cat who lives at my house eats about 50% more in the winter than in
the summer (he also weighs about 50% more).  Also, is it possible that
your cat has been messin' aroun' and is eating for 2 (or 8 or 10)?

		Tom Crawford
		amdcad!amd!tc

booter@lll-crg.ARpA (Elaine Richards) (12/14/85)

In article <248@ttidca.UUCP> ehrman@ttidca.UUCP (Mary Ehrman) writes:

>      <   Line Eater  >
>
>My cat's appetite has gone wacko!  She used to be satisfied with 1/2 a can
>of Friskies, 9-Lives, etc. in the morning before I go to work and the
>other 1/2 when I got home.  NOW SHE'S ALWAYS HUNGRY.  She goes into the
>trash and tears apart anything that remotely resembles food...So am

The infamous Mehitabel did that. I took her to the vet (healthy)
and then put her on a diet. She started eaing the dust bunnies off the floor.
Now I have a cat who jumps on my face in the morning and I have to be much
more fastidious. My roommate is not pleased by the prospect of a feline
vacuum cleaner who barfs dust/hairballs in random places. Time to break
out the Petromalt. There aint no justice.

*****

PS. I am operating under lots of line noise. Pardon any typos.