[net.pets] Great Pyrenees Information wanted

haustp@usrcv1.DEC (Paul R. Haust -- 252-2260) (12/14/85)

Hi --
        I was wondering if I could get some information on Great Pyrenees'.
My wife (Jo-Ann) and I decided that when we finally have a place large enough
to get a dog, we would like to get a Great Pyrenees.  We have look at many
other breeds, but fell hopelessly in love with them.

        We will be moving in March to a house (hopefully), and would like to
get the dog as soon as possible after we get settled.  I was wondering if any
of you who own them could give my any type of information that would be useful.
 I realize that they are very large dogs, and will need alot of living space.
Also I would be interested to know how they are around other animals
(especially horses.  Jo-Ann is a horse trainer).

        We live in Rochester, NY.  Any breeder information would also
be appreciated.

                        Thanks in advance

                        Paul R. Haust
                        Digital Equiptment Corp.
                        Rochester N.Y.
                        (716) 223-2360

joe@ccice6.UUCP (Joe DiBenedetto II) (12/17/85)

In article <5@decwrl.UUCP>, haustp@usrcv1.DEC (Paul R. Haust -- 252-2260) writes:

> Hi --
> 	I was wondering if I could get some information on Great Pyrenees'.
> My wife (Jo-Ann) and I decided that when we finally have a place large enough
> to get a dog, we would like to get a Great Pyrenees.  We have look at many
> other breeds, but fell hopelessly in love with them.
>
> 	We will be moving in March to a house (hopefully), and would like to
> get the dog as soon as possible after we get settled.  I was wondering if any
> of you who own them could give my any type of information that would be useful.
>  I realize that they are very large dogs, and will need alot of living space.
> Also I would be interested to know how they are around other animals
> (especially horses.  Jo-Ann is a horse trainer).
>
> 	We live in Rochester, NY.  Any breeder information would also
> be appreciated.
>
> 			Thanks in advance
>
> 			Paul R. Haust
> 			Digital Equiptment Corp.
> 			Rochester N.Y.
> 			(716) 223-2360
 <I think I may be able to help you out. I hope the house you will be living
in has a large yard so your new dog can run. First of all I hope you are
going to start out by getting a puppy. A breed that size as on older pup may
be very frustrating for you and your wife. I also live in Rochester, N.Y. and
try to attend when I can the Genesee Valley Kennel Club meetings each month
which take place in Rochester New York. They publish a list that is called a
breeders guide that lists the names of breeders in the surrounding area. If
you would like to give me a call some time I can give you the phone number
of the person who has a copy of that list. I myself am a Lhasa breeder and
Tibetan Terrier breeder at heart. Call me at night and we can talk things over
and I can tell you who to call. My phone number is (716)342-1384, call me
sometime at night or leave a message on my answering machine to call you and
leave your phone number too. I hope I can be of help.

			Joe DiBenedetto
			ccice6:joe