[net.pets] How to make your cat purr LOUDLY

booter@lll-crg.ARpA (Elaine Richards) (03/06/86)

My roomate (a self-proclaimed Dog Man) discovered how to make my cat purr
more loudly. It seems the volume of air passing through the purr box is
directly related to the loudness of the purr.

First: Get your cat happy

Second: Place hands on cat's sides

Third: Time your cat's breathing patterns

Then: Squeeze cat gently as she breathes out.

The above increases the volume of air, thus increasing the volume of the purr.
She,of course, will breathe in more deeply. This means the intake purr is
louder too. Twice as much fun for half as much effort.

The cat clearly enjoys it, she purrs more loudly :-)

*****
PS If it hurt the cat, she would leave the lap. Instead she just lies there and
looks like a happy idiot.

zzz@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Mike Konopik) (03/07/86)

In article <1296@lll-crg.ARpA>, booter@lll-crg.ARpA (Elaine Richards) writes:
> The cat clearly enjoys it, she purrs more loudly :-)
> *****
> If it hurt the cat, she would leave the lap.  Instead she just lies there and
> looks like a happy idiot.

Perhaps she's too confused to move?  Or out of breath?  I can only imagine
what it might feel like to have 2-foot long hands squeezing me rhythmically
at the midsection.  I might look like an idot, trying to figure out what to
do in response to this WEIRD action.  But  I _can't_ imagine enjoying it...
Too bad your cat's not named "Charmin" (hey, a pun-hater is entitled to one
a month, I'm sure!)
"Keep that catnip comin', man!  PRRRRRR-RRRR-RRRRR"
--

				-Mike

genrad!mit-eddie!zzz  (UUCP)    ZZZ%MIT-OZ@MIT-MC  (ARPA)