[net.pets] Low Ash Cat Food Question

msf@rayssd.UUCP (Michael S. Frank) (03/21/86)

> There are several brands of low-ash dried cat food which can be
> bought from pet stores, veteranarians, and even health-food stores:
>
> 	Hill's CD Dry
> 	Hill's Science Diet
> 	Cornucopia Super-stars
> 	Iams Cat Food
>
> 	Although these brands are very expensive compared to grocery-store
> cat food...

OK, then, does anyone know which of the grocery-store stuff (Friskies, Meow
Mix, etc.) is the lowest in ash content?  For those of us who want the best
of both worlds (price and health)?   [1/2 * :-)]
--
Michael Frank
allegra!rayssd!msf

<Include generic and specific disclaimers>
<about everything I say, do, and think!  >

zeus@aero.ARPA (Dave Suess) (03/24/86)

In article <2088@rayssd.UUCP> msf@rayssd.UUCP (Michael S. Frank) writes:
>OK, then, does anyone know which of the grocery-store stuff (Friskies, Meow
>Mix, etc.) is the lowest in ash content?  For those of us who want the best
>of both worlds (price and health)?   [1/2 * :-)]

Our cat had problems: the vet had a list, the only widely-available brand
on which (for canned cat food) was Friskies Beef & Liver.  Bon appetit.

Dave Suess 	zeus@aero2.arpa