[net.micro.cpm] Bulletin Board For Micro Users Set Up By NBS

w8sdz%brl@sri-unix.UUCP (06/18/83)

From:      Keith Petersen <w8sdz@brl>

Excuse any duplicates of this.  I believe our friends at NBS are using
CP/M and RBBS for this so felt Info-Cpm might be interested in seeing
the message.
--Keith

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date: 17-Jun-83 16:42 PDT
From: WBD.TYM@OFFICE-2
Subject: Bulletin Board For Micro Users Set Up By NBS
To: OAD.TYM@OFFICE-2, hardy@office-5, human-nets@rutgers
To: works@rutgers
Cc: info-micro@brl, msgGroup@brl

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- An electronic bulletin board that will inform microcomputer
users about upcoming conferences, seminars and workshops, as well as update them
on the latest telecomputing services, publications and users groups, has been
established by the Commerce Department's National Bureau of Standards (NBS).

Dubbed the Microcomputer Electronic Information Exchange (MEIE), the service
will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Both fedral and nonfederal
users with Acscii terminals that communicate at 300 bit/sec with eight data
bits, no parity and one stop bit can reach the exchange by calling (301)
948-5718.

Further information on MEIE can be obtained fom the NBS.

   From June 13th issue of COMPUTERWORLD

----- End of forwarded messages