[net.micro.cpm] Rainbow to anything else File-transfer

W8SDZ%mit-mc@sri-unix.UUCP (06/17/83)

From:  Keith Petersen <W8SDZ@mit-mc>

Date: 15 Jun 1983 2005-EDT
From: B.G.Eiben LCG-Applications ext 617-467-4431 <EIBEN at dec-marlboro>
To:   info-cpm-request at brl
Re:   Rainbow to anything else File-transfer

We currently have KERMIT running for RAINBOW - and could have MODEM
running aside from my laziness - what I don't need - I don't spent
time with.  The "recipe" is easy: Use the I/O byte to get to RDR/PNCH
from the Z80 and use "straight" BIOS-calls (which MODEM does anyhow).
Our "generic" KERMIT runs on DEC's VT180 and on DEC's RAINBOW with NO
changes ( and with a two-line change in the I/O byte assignment on
DEC's DECMATE II with the CP/M option).  Yes, one looses some "speed"
on RAINBOW being on the "wrong" side for character-transfer ==>
terminal emulation works clean up to 1800 baud . Protocol transfers
run nicely up to 4800 Baud.

FJW%mit-mc@sri-unix.UUCP (06/23/83)

From:  Frank J. Wancho <FJW@mit-mc>

Date: 15 Jun 1983 2005-EDT
From: B.G.Eiben LCG-Applications ext 617-467-4431 <EIBEN at dec-marlboro>
Re:   Rainbow to anything else File-transfer

We currently have KERMIT running for RAINBOW - and could have MODEM
running aside from my laziness - what I don't need - I don't spend