[net.micro.cpm] UC.C under 4.2BSD Unix

w8sdz%brl@sri-unix.UUCP (12/30/83)

From:      Keith Petersen <w8sdz@brl>

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date:     Fri, 30 Dec 83 8:53:17 EST
From:     Rick Conn <rconn@brl>
To:       Richard Kawala <kawala%ucbcory@ucb-vax>
cc:       w8sdz@brl, rconn@brl
Subject:  Re:  uc.c

UC.C was written for and is supported on UNIX SYSTEM V.  Two problems
with it have been reported to me via USENET contacts when one tries
to run it on 4.2BSD, but without a 4.2BSD machine available with direct-
connect, I am not supporting 4.2BSD implementations.

One problem is with the stat() routine in UC.  Its name should be changed
due to a conflict with some library routine under 4.2BSD.

The other problem is with the interrupt scheme used.  My reports hinted
that a longjump() was required under 4.2BSD.  I have no other details.

Hope this helps.

	Rick Conn

----- End of forwarded messages