[net.micro.cpm] stork

STORK%mit-mc@sri-unix.UUCP (01/06/84)

From:  Eric Stork <STORK@mit-mc>

Subject: dBASE2 question

Can someone tell me how to set up DBASE2.COM so that it can be permanently
on Disk C:, and will find its overlay files on C: even if it is
invoked from A: or B:?

In WordStar there is a location to set for where to look for
overlay files.  Logically, there should be such a location in dBASE, too.
Advice will be appreciated.

Eric.

rconn%brl@sri-unix.UUCP (01/07/84)

From:      Rick Conn <rconn@brl>

Eric,

	I've had a similar need, but never found a solution.  Instead,
I got around it under ZCPR2 by creating a script command like the
following:

		A:;dbase setup;B:

	In this way, I have all my work on B: and dbase.com and its
overlays on A:.  The command processor goes to A:, runs dbase, and the
setup.prg file sets default to B:, so any files I reference come from B:.
When done, the trailing B: puts me back into B:.

		Rick

TAFEL.pasa@PARC-MAXC.ARPA (01/09/84)

If you set up ZCPR on your system you will be able to do this very easyly.

Hugo.