[net.micro.cpm] MDM720 and the Racal-Vadic modem

w8sdz%brl@sri-unix.UUCP (01/28/84)

From:      Keith Petersen <w8sdz@brl>

Relayed from the Sysop Clearinghouse RCPM.  M720RV.ASM is available
on SIMTEL20 in the MICRO:<CPM.MODEM7> directory.
---

Date:  1/25/84
From:  Dave Mabry
To:    All
Re:    M720RV.ASM

I have just uploaded M720RV.ASM.  It is a modification of the
file M7RV-1.ASM from M7OVLx.LBR.

It is an overlay that supports the Racal-Vadic PA212 "smart"
modem similar to the way the Hayes is supported by MDM720.
The previous version (M7RV-1.ASM) was set for MDM712 I think
and would not work with ANY other version.  I have done
some significant modifications that should make it easier
to use with specific hardware, but it is still VERY specific
to the version of MDM7xx it works with.  Hence, the MDM7xx
full version number in its name (M720RV.ASM).  It needs
to be overlayed AFTER overlaying the user's normal M7XX-1
file.  Read the comments inside for more details, but it
Seems to work very nicely with the Vadic PA212 modem.
Please remove the original (M7RV-1.ASM) from the overlay
library and replace it with this one.  Thanks.