[net.micro.cpm] UMODEM for BSD 4.1

wcwells%ucbopal.CC%berkeley@sri-unix.UUCP (03/09/84)

From:  William C. Wells <wcwells%ucbopal.CC@berkeley>

	Date: 5 Mar 84 13:28:26-PST (Mon)
	To: info-cpm@brl
	From: sri-unix!hplabs!hao!seismo!harpo!ulysses!burl!clyde
		!akgua!mcnc!ncsu!ikonas!bitmap@ucbtopaz.cc.
	Subject: UMODEM for 4.1bsd?
	Organization:Univ. of Calif., Berkeley CA USA

	     I'm trying to locate copies of the program UMODEM (a
	Unix-based communication program designed to facilitate the
	transfer of files between Unix and CP/M systems via MODEM7)
	that will run under 4.1bsd. Ideally, I'd like to obtain copies
	for both VAX 11/780s and PDP 11/70s, but I'd happily settle for
	a program that would work on one or the other machine.  I would
	be grateful for any information you can provide on the
	subject.

	                                   John Hevelin
	                                   ucbvax!cgr@ucbpopuli

John,

The MODEM communcation programs are periodically copied down from
the SIMTEL20 MICRO<UNIX.[CPM,MENU,UTILS1] directories. You will find
test versions of the UMODEM, UC, and TMODEM programs in /usr/local on
all the general user UCB CFO Vax Unix systems (including ucbpopuli and
ucbtopaz). For manual pages use the "-l" option of man, for example:
"man -l umodem".

Bill Wells, Computing Services, UC Berkeley