[net.micro.cpm] Revised MDM730.ARG file

KPETERSEN@SIMTEL20.ARPA (03/27/84)

From:  Keith Petersen <KPETERSEN@SIMTEL20.ARPA>

Bob Plouffe says that he was wrong about the locations changing in
Irv's revised (I'll call it) MDM730A.COM.  This is MDM730.ARG that
I'm leaving on my system and Sysop Clearinghouse.
---

Date: Monday, 26 March 1984  22:31-MST
From: Robert L. Plouffe
To:   Keith Petersen, W8SDZ
Re:   Arghh  MDM730

Oh dear,  I had sent that experimental patch file for opening up
the max-wait times and fixing the HSNAK and WAITNLP loops back
again so that BYE without 'Q' switch works again.

Irv Hoff is all bent out of shape, has made the changes to the source code
and the .COM file - and has updated all of the bulletin boards including
SYSOP and CIS and w/date 02/27/84 in source file and still MDM730.

Ok, so it works fine and I am pleased it is included in MDM730
dated 03/27/84 but I only meant that as a patch file and not to
require updating of the program.

Keith, I notice that you have just uploaded the source code for
MDM730 but need to get the revised version of source from
CIS and also the revised .COM file.

Date: Monday, 26 March 1984  22:40-MST
From: Keith Petersen, W8SDZ
To:   Robert L. Plouffe
Re:   Arghh  MDM730

Irv Hoff called Bob Clyne who co-sysops my RCPM saying that we should
replace MDM730.COM with the "new MDM730.COM" and he has sent it to
Sysop RCPM and all around the country, as you've said, Bob.  Our
attitude is this:  we do NOT want to carry two programs with the SAME
NAME and will reject this "update".  We will continue to carry the
original MDM730 files, including the source code, until an update is
made to the filename.  We will carry patch fix .ASM files and since
your PAT730.ASM is ready will put it out immediately.

Irv has done this before, which is why I took away his "ERA"
priveleges on my RCPM.  He was updating files without telling anyone
and without changing the filenames.  It was chaos.  He's so worried
about "what people will think"... What about us RCPM Sysops who have
to try to explain WHY two people who downloaded the same program on
different dates don't have the same version?

I'm going to recommend to the sysops on the clearinghouse that they
reject Irv Hoff's "improved MDM730".
--Keith
-------