[net.micro.cpm] More bug reports on QK20

W8SDZ@Simtel20.ARPA (04/07/84)

From:  Keith Petersen <W8SDZ@Simtel20.ARPA>

Here's the latest collection (which includes Dick Mead's previous
report).  This file is going out to the RCPM SYSOPs today as
QK20MORE.BUG.
--Keith

----

Date: 03/27/84
From: Ron Renaud
To:   All
Re:   QK20 problem ?

Has anyone tried QK20?  I tried it on 2 different systems, one a
MicroDecision and the other an S-100.  The progr/am bombs on both,
requires a reset to recover.  Have previously used QK12 with no
problems.  Quick test is - config one key then run SD. -  Ron

Date: Thursday, 29 March 1984  21:15-MST
From: Dick Mead
Re:   QK20

I seem to have a problem with the new QK. If I try to run SD79 or
XD3 (under ZCPR2) they both fail to work. Under QK12, I had no problem.
It appears that all I get sent to the screen from SD79 when called
by a QK20 re-defined key is a CR-LF, and Ctl-C does not abort, I must
reset the system. Any clues?

Date: 03/31/84
From: Dennis Quinn
To:   All
Re:   Problem with QK20

     I have noted that there is a rather serious problem
with QK20.  Specifically, if the program executing does
any direct BIOS console input calls, the Qwikkey program
behaves very erratically.  If the key depressed is one
of the keys for which a substitution string has been
entered, the result will be either (a) key is altogether
ignored, (b) program will abort, or (c) system will hang
up with cold boot required.  If the key depressed is not
one of the keys for which a substitution string has been
entered, the result will be either (a) key is altogether
ignored, (b) program will appear to abort (i.e, A> prompt
appears, next char entered jumps back to program at last
prompt, char is not accepted), or (c) system will hang
up with cold boot required.  Sometimes the program exe-
cuted aborts without doing anything at all (e.g, LDIR).
Recommend you not download this pgm.  --Regards, DQ