[net.micro.cpm] Use of info-cpm for personal correspondence.

cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA (06/12/84)

From:      Dave Towson (info-cpm) <cpmlist@Amsaa.ARPA>

Fellow CP/M'ers - I have just received the following message from a reader of
this list:

Subject: "personal" mail on info-cpm
To: info-cpm-request@BRL.ARPA

Dave,

I may be out of line here, but I don't like having my mailbox cluttered
with "personal" messages, like the recent few asking a fellow for copies
of the text editor from Dr.  Dobbs journal.  People are awfully free
with carbon copies to info-cpm.  If you agree, I wonder if you could put
out a message asking folks to be more considerate of what they put out
net-wide.

Thanks,
-------

     I feel that this is a very reasonable request.  I cannot imagine any
reason why the general readership would want to know that Joe User is asking
for a copy of some program from an individual source.  That is a private
transaction, and I ask that you do not send copies of such things to the
whole list of readers.  Not only do such personal matters waste people's time
and computer resources, but they also COST MONEY for our USENET friends, many
of whom have considerable telephone bills resulting from their network
activities.

     Please broadcast only general interest messages, and use limited
addressing for the private stuff.  Thanks.

Dave Towson
info-cpm-request@amsaa.arpa