[net.micro.cpm] LRUN as CMDRUN question

RCONN@Simtel20.ARPA (07/25/84)

From:  Richard Conn <RCONN@Simtel20.ARPA>

Thank you for your message, Penny.  Phase 2 of ZCPR3 is yet to come
out, and I have a number of things planned.  One is LRUNZ.  Phase 2 is
still forming (altho not for very long now because my book deadline is
coming up and I want the book to include everything), so any
last-minute suggestions that anyone has are welcome, but I can't
guarantee that they will make it in.

Also, FYI, I got a report on beta-test efforts for a part of the Phase
2 software.  The only problem reported so far is that VFILER and VMENU
(the VFILER/MENU shell) interact strangely from time to time when
VFILER runs under VMENU.  VFILER tends to cancel VMENU.  Will have to
fix this one before release.

	Rick

RCONN@Simtel20.ARPA (07/25/84)

From:  Richard Conn <RCONN@Simtel20.ARPA>

FYI -- I thought you might like to know about this. -- Rick

Date: Wednesday, 25 July 1984  03:56-MDT
From: Penny Anderson <Penny.Anderson at CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
To:   RCONN at SIMTEL20.ARPA
cc:   APA at CMU-CS-C.ARPA
Re:   LRUN as CMDRUN question

Rick,
	First, kudos: Z3 came right up just like your doc said it would!
We ran Z2 for about 8 months and it was wonderful.  This is as much of an
improvement over Z2 as Z2 was over 8080 cp/m.  Thank you (if this was speech
instead of typing, that would be in the sincerest tone I could muster)!!

	Second, a question: is there going to be an LRUNZ for Z3?  I
re-GENINSed my Z2 LRUNZ to use as my CMDRUN, however if LRUNZ doesn't
find the .COM file, Z3 doesn't know, so my ERRORn is avoided even though
it's a perfect job for it.

	A LRUN that can set the Message Buffer error flag (isn't that how
it works?) would allow the Error handler to catch it.

	Did I miss something?

	Another suggestion: I was surprised there was no SAK option in the
SYSRCP.LIB.  Even a stripped down version with no bells and such would
be nice.  I hate sacrificing the disk and directory space for such a simple
function.

	For your statistics:  We run a N* Horizon with 2 5in floppies and
LifeBoat CP/M, TeleVideo 950 (lucky for me when using your stuff), Centronics
739 printer on parallel, and USR Password with MEX and YAM.

	Congratulations on another wonderful (and large) piece of work and
thanks again for giving it away.  Looking forward to the books.

		Don Shields
	c/o Penny Anderson
	APA@CMU-CS-C.ARPA